Builds 🦴Frame-Off Restoration of Low Miles Colombian FJ43 Olive 1982 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

more pics

FJ43 May 21-05.jpg

FJ43 May 21-06.jpg

FJ43 May 21-08.jpg

It's amazing how the midday sun pics gets different reflection on the color (on the camera)

FJ43 May 21-09.jpg

FJ43 May 21-10.jpg

FJ43 May 21-11 copy.jpeg

Last edited:
Last edited:
The rear sealed fender connection

The paint color Cygnus White 833 of the fibreglass top

FJ43 May 21-21.jpg

Last edited:
That’s just beautiful!

May I ask where did you get the new window seals/gaskets for your MPR top?

devo

They were still in very good shape and not dried out so we cleaned them and re-used them

Lucky you! I drive my 43 everyday and will be needing window gaskets for the curved glass and back door soon!

devo

Here you can see how the side windows turned out

FJ43 Nieuw-2.jpg

It's a seal that get's pressed when the aluminum frame is crewed in

The idea is that it's going to be that again, together with a FJ40 FST

Last edited:
Wow, really enjoyed your build/restoration. I'm here in Bogota, about 6 months now and will be here for two years. I've sourced several FJ43's for the same process. About to pull the trigger this week to buy one, turn it into a mechanic/bodywork shop. Will import it back to the US in a few years. I've joined an Overland Colombia 4x4 club too. Thanks for all the detailed pics etc. Cheers!

I was thinking about this, getting parts for other members. Yes, I have found a few stores that sell original and non original quality parts for these trucks. I come back to the states about every 45-60 days. If you all don't mind the wait I can bring some of the smaller parts in my check bags? Email or Whatsapp, +57-304-600-9202, or 706-373-8782 USA number, bernardbarbour3@gmail.com. I have been a member of this community for over 10 years. I traveled up and down the Pan American Highway and moved to Colombia last year. Previously I drove an FZJ 80, I owned three of them and then moved on Tundras.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom