Builds đź¦´Frame-Off Restoration of Low Miles Colombian FJ43 Olive 1982 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The tub was turned around and power washed to take all the dirt and paint of

FJ43 Resto 49.jpg

FJ43 Resto 44a.jpg

FJ43 Resto 47.jpg

FJ43 Resto-13.jpg

FJ43 Resto 48.jpg

I was surprised that on the left underside there was like a piece of tape over a whole in the rear and on the right side there is not, it looked more like paper and it seemed to be original from the factory, if you look well on the right side (upside down left) one can still see the marks of the surrounding of the tape.
It's a dream restoration because it's all rust free !

FJ43 Resto 45a.jpg

FJ43 Resto 45b.jpg

Last edited:
It’s probably the most beautiful FJ43 on the planet. So clean and so original! Just amazing!

It's funny to hear that from you with the beauty you have !

Tomorrow Single Base PPG paint on the tub !

Last edited:
This 43 is in amazing shape. I am curious if it was shipped from the factory with bows? After all these years the brackets for the rear bow are still there.

@Living in the Past , generally speaking most of the Colombian 40 series were delivered as FST , the brackets etc where always there, but without the soft tops, that's why there were locally made fiberglass tops (2 brands) and even totally steel tops, steel sides and steel top.

Paint !

FJ43 Underpaint 1.jpg

FJ43 Underpaint 2.jpg

FJ43 Underpaint 3.jpg

FJ43 Underpaint 4.jpg

I liked to have it very glossy on the underside also, but the cowl part etc satin

FJ43 Underpaint 5.jpg

FJ43 Underpaint 6.jpg

FJ43 Underpaint 7.jpg

FJ43 Underpaint 8.jpg

16"split rims look great, but sometimes they look better with the hubcaps on them

FJ43 16%22 Split Rim.jpg

@Living in the Past , generally speaking most of the Colombian 40 series were delivered as FST , the brackets etc where always there, but without the soft tops, that's why there were locally made fiberglass tops (2 brands) and even totally steel tops, steel sides and steel top.

i am aware of the locally made tops in Columbia to meet government requirements. Just wondering if they were delivered as full FST with bows and vinyl or just no top? From the mid sixties thru most of the seventies the FHT were delivered ready to install a soft top. Did not have the brackets just threaded holes at the top of the tub and bolts/washers/nuts on the holes in rhe top of the wheel wells. If delivered complete wonder what happened to all the bows tops that were never used? Good chance would have had hard/soft ambulance doors. A option never offered in the US.

Nice build! Can you post up some photos of the inside and outside of your rear door? I haven't seen a one piece on any other 40 except the south american versions and would love to see some detail.

Great thread! Nice looking 43! It’s fun to see you going through the process. Something I hope I’ll never want or have to do.
I hoped so too @devo, but honestly if you want to have the engine compartment as clean as @GA Architect 's truck you have to go through some pain

When it's ready I hope that I can keep up with it

The covers of the transmission etc were sanded down, primed and painted

FJ43 Transmission.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom