Frame, body, & engine serial numbers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My frame, left side pillar, and fender are all stamped/badged FJ4067662. My F145 engine is stamped with F 880629. Are these numbers supposed to match if original?

No. The FJ40 did not have matching number engines. You can look up the numbers to see if the engine is from the correct era, but that's about it.

This can help:

Looking closer, I believe the engine is stamped 280629, which looks like it puts it as original. I was kind of hoping not original as I have a hard on for
20230418_175151.jpg
LS SWAP.

Your conclusion appears correct.

Hey team, this is my first post so hey 👋.

I have signed up as I am buying my first FJ40 for about 10 years via auction and need some guru input with the due diligence prior to collection. Something is giving me doubts! hoping some of the legends here can pass comment on these VIN plates and Frame numbers to let me know if they look ridgy didge or suspect. I have looked at the SOR.com info as a start. it is sold as a 3 speed transmission, 2F engine (no number suplied) 1980 build.

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

Looking closer, I believe the engine is stamped 280629, which looks like it puts it as original. I was kind of hoping not original as I have a hard on forView attachment 3301850 LS SWAP.

While not a LS swap but my FJ45 has a 2F which is obviously not the original engine in a 9/64 production truck. On this one even finding a correct era motor would show since the original engine is on the VIN plaque under the hood. It was shortly after Toyota dropped that from the plaque.

Probably an over seas model.

Correct, that is not a US model. That is a RHD hard top model. U in the model is for a three speed which was available in some markets up to 10/82.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom