FR 42 (Telegraph line road) closed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I went out with my dad yesterday for a quick day trip (he had some friends in town that he wanted to show arizona and what a land cruiser is about) we wanted to hit sedona but got a very late start and went out to telegraph instead. As some of you might already know the trail has been closed at both ends due to fire and erosion. I don't know if the forest service needs help fixing the trail so it can be reopened but might be something the club is interested in if so. The trail is great and pretty close to phx, it is a shame to loose such good close wheeling. :crybaby: As usual maybe I am just the last to know and you all might already know about these closures if so sorry for the repost.

By the way it was nice hanging with you all on the 21st at sonic..

later
Rob

We are looking for something for the club trail clean up begining of Dec - could this be it?
I think it would be great if it was...we would just need to find out what was needed and if the forest service even whats a group going in to fix it. It is a great trail but could need lots of work. We might be able to get more bodies out to this being that it is so close to phx.

If people don't know this trail is out by Bartlet Lake north east of scottsdale.

So who do we contact???

I talked to the director Chris Cooley about a month ago (about using our DUKW in Bartlett Lake) and she said even though they appreciated the Xterra clubs cleanup efforts in the past, no one is allowed on the trail for any reason.

They're letting some vegetation build up and just repair by time.

She did have suggestions for other forest roads in the area that need a good cleanup if interested.

I was wondering about that. However, if they have others in the area that would be cool with me as well....its a great area and with the gas prices it will be nice to have a clean up close.

even though they appreciated the Xterra clubs cleanup efforts in the past, no one is allowed on the trail for any reason.

Yeah, Back off..
vultures_in_desert.jpg

;)

Hey B, I saw TRUCKS on Sunday and they had a spot on DUKWs. Here's a link to the place (you may have already seen it..) Chattanooga Ducks

:grinpimp:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom