Foxwing questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am thinking of getting an Oztent Foxwing for tailgating and overlanding. I could not find these questions answered so far.

1. When it is deployed does it interfere with the rear hatch opening on a 100?

2. Will it easily attach to an OEM 100 rack, or do I need to be looking at upgrading my roof rack?

Thank you,

I would suggest upgrading or adding crossbars like yakima or thule type. It may work with factory but not sure. When you set it up on truck you will adjust to sit in just behind rear hatch and then by placement of pole height it will work perfectly with rear hatch

I would suggest upgrading or adding crossbars like yakima or thule type. It may work with factory but not sure. When you set it up on truck you will adjust to sit in just behind rear hatch and then by placement of pole height it will work perfectly with rear hatch
Thank you. My Yakima bike rack has served me well through the years so I will look into it.

Mounting an awning to accommodate the rear hatch has become somewhat trivial these days. Lots of DIYers are fabbing up their own L brackets to adjust the height of the awnings on Thule/Yakima/etc or just the factory roof rack cross bars.

I have a 80 and a fox wing I just set up the height to clear the hatch.

I have a Foxwing mounted on my 100, but it is on a Front Runner roof rack. The rear hatch clears fine.

full

Like someone above mentioned, can probably get something fab'd up to get the height right and to work with OEM rack.

Here is a link of a mount someone did for a 100.

Awning Factory Roof Rack Mount

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom