Fox shocks for 80 series dead?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi there,

I have been looking for a pair of Fox shocks for the rear of an 80 series LC (985-24-087) but no shop in the US has it. Does anyone know if they are discontinued or is it the covid situation that might be causing the delay?

Thanks

Last edited:
Probably Covid causing the delay. I was looking into them, probably sold out. Icon/TLC has been using them a lot on cruisers as well, so doubt they are discontinued.

I bought some just earlier this year. Maybe July I'm thinking. Id be surprised if they aren't out there.

Most of the shock companies are on a "build to order" program these days (especially for specialty shocks like for our rigs), so if a shop/dealer wasn't stocking them, you might be on a 8 week-ish backlog once ordering. Probably have to contact a dealer or go directly to Fox.

edit: wrong link - lost the right one :(

I will keep up on updating for the long term. But at the initial 500 Mile mark I can say that the 2.0 shocks are getting a 9/10 score from me on initial quality and ride. So long as longevity holds, I'd call the perfect.

I will keep up on updating for the long term. But at the initial 500 Mile mark I can say that the 2.0 shocks are getting a 9/10 score from me on initial quality and ride. So long as longevity holds, I'd call the perfect.
same ones as OP?

You can use Fox 98524073 as an alternative.

Edit - Wow these are sold out too, Just a few weeks ago there was stock. Are people just buying up everything? lol

Are people just buying up everything?

YES. Just called Icon for a stock check on springs for a customer. 8-10 weeks lead time. Hasn't been that high since becoming a dealer for them over 2 years ago.

Wild, seems to be the case for everything...cars, electronics, paper napkins, but never would I have thought shocks for a 80 series.

lol

You can use Fox 98524073 as an alternative.

Edit - Wow these are sold out too, Just a few weeks ago there was stock. Are people just buying up everything? lol

It looks like Fox have the 3-5" 2.0 Performance shocks in production but on back order for 4-10 weeks now. Some shops don't even have ETA on them.

Last edited:
we've got a few sets of Icons and Dobinsons on the shelf, but no Fox or King.

Oh man.....If you had it, I would buy them + the radius arms with bushings. Now i'm debating where to place the order that could potentially receive these shocks earlier than other shops. Any suggestion?

I was very disappointed with the fox shocks I had on my 91. The name was great but the shocks didn't make it a year before leaking and 1 of them broke after 13 months. I think there are much better options out there for 80 series.

I was very disappointed with the fox shocks I had on my 91. The name was great but the shocks didn't make it a year before leaking and 1 of them broke after 13 months. I think there are much better options out there for 80 series.

That's too bad. Mine have been great (the 2.0 model). I have had them for about 2 years and 20,000 miles. I liked that they're rebuildable from Fox for $50/each and the ride/performance was exactly what I was looking for at the desired price point.

Yea, I have read that many times from other people while researching these. I might be very wrong but it seems that the leaks or other issues happen when the trucks with these installed are put to the grind on trails or driven with speed on wash boards. I understand that the 2.0 are not really meant to go wheelin' but an affordable entry level option for the oem shocks.

Have you been off-roading with your Fox 2.0 shocks or just driving regularly?

Last edited:
Have you been off-roading with your Fox 2.0 shocks or just driving regularly?

They were being used for daily driving and lots of offroading. They saw alot of fast nasty washboard roads along with all other kinds of trails and terrains. They didn't seem to ride any better than the old man emu or iron man shocks that I have experienced and they certainly didn't hold up as well.

I figure fox shocks did not design a shock for our rigs specifically other than the way it mounts and the length. I bet they just wanted to build a cheap shock that could fit as many vehicles as possible so they could make money of the fox shock name. On the other hand I feel that companies like OME and Iron man are designing their products specifically for the 80 series.

I do have some!!! Thanks for the tag! 0-2" lift Fox 2.0 for front and rear of the lC80

and to @leonard_nemoy post, we have found that the valving and ride quality of the FOX 2.0 shocks is far better than the OME / Iron Man shocks on all conditions we drive in. Same feed back from 10+ customers we have upgraded out of OME shocks on the 80 series platform.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom