Fox or Icon entry level shocks? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I tried searching but for what ever reason my search function is not working. I am looking to upgraded my OEM (but new) shocks to something a little better. I will be running about 1-1.5" lift with the 861/862i have and some spacers i will add. The truck is mostly expedition type use but somewhat lightly loaded. I did the white rim trail a few days ago. Truck was great.In the faster areas(only about 30mpg) it held the big soft dips great. But bigger of harsher hits were not so great. Also at slower speeds the small harsh stuff didnt feel well absorbed.

I also do a lot of cross country highway driving in the truck if that matter. But i am happy to bump along at 60MPH when driving. No rush during my trips.

I am considering the basic Fox or basic Icon shocks. Fox look to be around $500 from Down South on E bay. Icon maybe a little more. Any opinions of which are better?

I love my Icon, handle and ride great on pavement and dirt.

I haven't used either of these, but I'm considering going with Radflo shocks. Another good option worth looking into.

Get real (removeable cap and bearing end w reservoirs or internal floating nitrogen chambers) fox or radflos and let this guy valve them for $50/each:

Www.4wheelunderground.com

He did my front coilovers and I've been doing some messy dirt roads in the mtns a bunch lately. Feels like a hovercraft, floating in a bubblebath.

What's you're budget? If you're on a college student budget like me, go with the Fox IFP 2.0s. All the options listed have been good choices but it all depends on your wants/needs. You can see my sig, and the fox's ride great.

"Feels like a hovercraft, floating in a bubblebath."
LOLOL I need this feeling!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom