Four wheels at different heights / lifts? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Been reading up on shock and spring options, but currently going the vanilla route of replacing OE struts with new OE all round. '05 LC w/ ~200k miles. I believe everything is original (formerly single-owner, garage kept soccer mom vehicle). Ride was bouncy and not good. Hoping for significant improvement. I liked my '98 LC ride much better.

I have installed the new OE front struts, and still facing the small nightmare of rear strut removal (that infamous 22mm nut on top). But here's my issue. I measure all four wheels, from center of hub to fender lip. And they are all different. Again the fronts have brand new struts. No 3rd row seats. All stock. All drop links intact. Flat ground.

LF - 19"
RF - 18 1/2"
RR - 20"
LR - 21"

I don't think anyone messed with the TBs up front. Any ideas on why this disparity?

About right. 1/2" between sides in the front is negligible and can evened up with the t-bars if you're so inclined. You can add a spring spacer to the rear for the same purpose.

Shocks won't affect the height - new or old. Worn springs/TBs will though. I agree with @MongooseGA that .5" is negligible and that 1" does seem a bit much. As @CBdeJ said, take some measurements with/without the tank full. Put a couple turns in the RF TB to get the L/R fronts even. Although, as counterintuitive as it may sound, that could make the LR worse. But it's free experiment.

Adjusting the the fronts will change the rear slightly. Crank the right front TB a turn or two, drive around the block and recheck. Keep doing that until it's 19". I"m guessing your rears will slightly change, hopefully they'll be 1/2" difference or less. If that's the case, it'll be up to you if you want to stop there or try a spacer on the lower side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom