Four Wheeler Supply Services (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone ever used their services? They quoted me $250 for labor to put my new springs on my FJ55. Given the potential for me to hurt myself if I were to do this on my own, I am inclined to go for it. And I could finally say I got something done on my 55.

Anybody have any comments on this?

I know they have at least one landcruiser guy down there--- Rob-- who used to work for Dave Gore and seems like a real nice guy. He customized my leaking tranny pan a while back. But I think he does only their custom fab stuff-- not general stuff like this.

Jared

They did the ARB locker install on my Taco...delivered on time and under budget. I plan on going back to them for a regear and ARB lockers on my 97 80 when I pull the $$$ together.

I've never used them personally, but I have plenty of Jeep pals that are happy with them.

YMMV

Not positive, but I think thats who Shotts uses to mod his junk.

Thanks for the insights.

BTW, does anybody else remember hearing that Four Wheeler Supply was actually a Land Cruiser dealer at one time? I remember hearing that before there were toyota dealerships in the valley they sold land cruisers somehow.

That would have been a long time ago

Jared

sjpitts said:
Thanks for the insights.

BTW, does anybody else remember hearing that Four Wheeler Supply was actually a Land Cruiser dealer at one time? I remember hearing that before there were toyota dealerships in the valley they sold land cruisers somehow.

That would have been a long time ago

Jared

I've heard that tale once ;)

Used to supply clutches to them for a few years, got "inside the operation" so to speak. Pretty good guys for the most part. Creative and no sign of anything underhanded. Focused on Domestic rigs, but aren't most of them? THat's where the $$ are, most of the idiots buy that junk and spend big to get stock Toyo performance out of it!!
4Wheelers builds some cool stuff, and they like what they do.

MaddBaggins said:
Not positive, but I think thats who Shotts uses to mod his junk.

Close Alvin. They did do my lockers on the 100. Did a great job with no issues. Very easy to work with.

In fact, I just hung up the phone with them (RicK). They're quoting me on ARB's and 4.88 gears and if fair...they'll do my '97 Lexus ASAP.

The 4" lift and all other goodies will be here Tuesday. My mechanic will do the lift (not 4-wheel Parts), frame cutting, bumper fab'ing, snorkel, and the rest. Unlike my 80, I'll have the spare stored inside a custom-made box in the rear of the SUV. It'll be sealed and hold a Hi-Lift. No tire smell this way.
Then, tires are already waiting. I'd luv to have this thing complete in 2 weeks!

It's wheeling season! :cool:

Shotts -- who is your mechanic? I have wanted to find a good 80 series mechanic for a while.

Jared

sjpitts said:
Shotts -- who is your mechanic? I have wanted to find a good 80 series mechanic for a while.

Jared

He's a private guy. In the military. When he retires (soon) he's available to all. :cool:

ShottsUZJ100 said:
Unlike my 80, I'll have the spare stored inside a custom-made box in the rear of the SUV. It'll be sealed and hold a Hi-Lift. No tire smell this way.
Then, tires are already waiting. I'd luv to have this thing complete in 2 weeks!

It's wheeling season! :cool:

Shotts,
I don't know if this is a concern for you, but I found having the tire flat, in a box or not effects my ability to load stuff in back. Upright allows for better use of space IMHO. I really don't notice tire smell, but it is fall and what little smell I do get reminds me that this is a truck and not a mall cruiser :).

Storing the tire up right really helps. I usually have to carry 2 (3 sometimes) 7gal water containers, a 32qt? cooler, 2 very large duffle bags that contain sleeping gear for a family of four, tool bag, 4 stuff sacks/small bags that contain everyones clothes and various other small things. With the tire flat, this would not work, box or not. My problem with storage boxes, which may be irrational is I like to keep the heavy stuff (water, cooler, etc) as close to the floor as possible.

If you don't travel w/ 4 people or do many O/N camping trips this advice is not necessary, good luck .

Ross

GeoRoss said:
Shotts,
I don't know if this is a concern for you, but I found having the tire flat, in a box or not effects my ability to load stuff in back. Upright allows for better use of space IMHO. I really don't notice tire smell, but it is fall and what little smell I do get reminds me that this is a truck and not a mall cruiser :).

Storing the tire up right really helps. I usually have to carry 2 (3 sometimes) 7gal water containers, a 32qt? cooler, 2 very large duffle bags that contain sleeping gear for a family of four, tool bag, 4 stuff sacks/small bags that contain everyones clothes and various other small things. With the tire flat, this would not work, box or not. My problem with storage boxes, which may be irrational is I like to keep the heavy stuff (water, cooler, etc) as close to the floor as possible.

If you don't travel w/ 4 people or do many O/N camping trips this advice is not necessary, good luck .

Ross

Thanks for thinking about this. :)

The Lexus will be what my 93 was...a dedicated trail rig. It'll sit until a trail run then do it's thing and return home. We don't need storage and I guess I'll sell the 3rd row leather seats. Won't need them.

The 100 will then be the travel-mobile and it's storage will be used.

Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom