Four Peaks/Saguaro Lake trails (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all! This Friday, (5/28) I plan on heading out to the Four Peaks trail, make a right at the fork and find my way down to the lake. I'll probably head out sometime around 9-10, do some exploring then set up camp for the night by the lake. Anyone wanna go for the exploring, camping, whatever? Oh and does anyone have any experience over in that area?

Last edited:
OK sweet! Now I have an idea on what to expect. Guess we'll see how it goes eh? Thank you for the heads up!

I think the easiest way to get back there is through butcher Jones but the 4 peaks way is more fun.

So I drove down that trail, the creek that is, and I think I was only a few hundred yards from the water when I ran into a lot of large boulders. At that point, it just being me, and not being in a buggy, I turned around. I was going to walk down to the water and rest and what not, but my poor dog's feet were instantly burning on the sand/rocks. So it was a failed attempt, this time at least. Did some fun exploring which was my main goal. :D

I'll post up some pictures tomorrow.

After the boulders there is a long "high speed" section of flat sandy wash.I plan on taking the buggy down there again later this summer if your interested.

After the boulders there is a long "high speed" section of flat sandy wash.I plan on taking the buggy down there again later this summer if your interested.

I would be! Let me know when you'll be doing that!

Hey Matt! sorry it didn't work out but I think we would have been heading back regardless...

Give me a call if you have anything lined up for the weekend...

-Mike

theres of at least 3 sand washes that I know of and been down that lead right to the lake, without all the boulders. If you plan on going again, let me know and i'll bring my kids and go for a little swim when we get to the lake.

I'll be making another trip down there eventually. Here are a couple of pictures finally.
Canyon walls
DSCN3937.jpg

Where I turned around
DSCN3939.jpg

Why I turned around
DSCN3940.jpg

Kali resting her feet
DSCN3941.jpg

DSCN3945.jpg

there is a right turn you have to take to avoid the boulders...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom