Four Peaks Pickup Saturday February 7th 2009 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well it looks like I'm gonna be able to make it! So I may have access to a trailer that would work well for stuffing full of trash, should I try to bring it?

Yep... bring it out.

4 yr old

I am on parenting duty this weekend, but would love to come help and also teach my 4 yr old that littering is bad, that helping is good, etc. But I dont think her 4 yr old attention span can handle more than an hour or two. Any problems with us only coming out for a brief time?

I'll be there with the AZTTORA crew. Look for the fat, bearded, gray haired guy driving a red IFS 2000 Taco. (That ought to narrow it down to about 753 guys you don't trust your daughter being near)

I am on parenting duty this weekend, but would love to come help and also teach my 4 yr old that littering is bad, that helping is good, etc. But I dont think her 4 yr old attention span can handle more than an hour or two. Any problems with us only coming out for a brief time?

Not at all. We have tons of folks who come by on their way to or from somewhere. Every bag helps. Thanks!!

I'll be there with the AZTTORA crew. Look for the fat, bearded, gray haired guy driving a red IFS 2000 Taco. (That ought to narrow it down to about 753 guys you don't trust your daughter being near)

haha!!! See you out there!

RAIN IS POSSIBLE. THE CLEANUP IS ON RAIN OR SHINE. Please be prepared.
Thank you,
Tim

Josh,
I can pick up the product prior to the event again. I'm working on my Rockstar contact for that donation again also.

Brandon - looks like I am gettin in Friday, so I will be good to go for moving the supplies out myself - tacoma style. You going to set up the Flag and cookin area in the central dump site again....or has the site been picked yet?

Brandon - looks like I am gettin in Friday, so I will be good to go for moving the supplies out myself - tacoma style. You going to set up the Flag and cookin area in the central dump site again....or has the site been picked yet?

The plan is for the site to be at the parkinglot. We are working both sides of the hiway this year and wanted the dumpsters closer to the road for the people hauling trash from the Sycamore side. But, yes. The plan is for cooking to take place at the main site again. The CSC sign will be standing proud again.

BE PREPARED FOR RAIN!!!

With inclement weather imminent I am requesting that if you have an EZup canopy available please bring it out. I will bring mine to set up the CSC kitchen But another few would probably be a good thing to have.

Also looking for a turkey fryer if somebody has one...

BE PREPARED FOR RAIN!!!

The forecast has improved, it was 60% chance of rain.

Cloudy with a few showers. High near 70F. Winds SSE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

sienor taco has a pretty good breakfast burro! its in the circle k parking lot at shea and saguro :meh:

just wanted to say I wish I could be doing the clean-up with you guys. Watched the news tonight and looks like you might get lucky with the rain. Was planning it all along, but my back and leg pain(herniated disc) is getting worse and dont think I could handle much standing if I went. The good news is that I have surgery on Wednesday, finally. Im so excited, 45 minutes under the knife and I walk out completely pain free, minus the incision pain. Doctor says I should be 80% after a month of absolute rest(wife is taking off time from work to watch the kids-my job) and will go thru physical therapy and exercise regimen to be 100%. The doc told me after recovery I will have the same chance of having a back problem again as the rest of the population. Awesome!! So let me web wheel a little bit longer, and I will see you guys at the March meet for sure, and definately at Cruise Moab. Thanks to Brittan I have a stack of Australian 4X4 Action to read to pass the time. Now get busy cleanin boys, and eat a dog for me. Later.

I just want to say that when faith in my common man was at it's absolute lowest point upon viewing the devastation that has occurred since last year when we did this cleanup, I was able to look around me and see my fellow CSC brothers (and others) working their asses off to make a difference; showing that their is hope out there!

I am proud to be associated with such a fine group of individuals, and look forward to spending my time off in the future doing everything I can to make a difference on such iniatives as clean ups.

Here's to Tim for working so hard to put this together!:beer:
Here's to the CSC for showing out in such force - I counted at least 25 shirts in the crowd today!:beer:
Here's to the 20 Tons of garbage collected and off our public lands!:beer:
Here's to the 500+ individuals that donated their time, sweat, and money for a great cause!:beer:

pics coming soon.

Typical ground anywhere at 4peaks....

Then the ever popular item to drag out in the desert and shoot, a bike rack.

Lastly, Kevin baggin up the last bag from section 2.
ground.jpg
Bike rack.jpg
Kevin picking up.jpg

Seemed to be a surplus on propane tanks today...just our group of 4 picked up 6, with several freon tanks as well...
Propane Tanks.jpg
Second load.jpg
side by side.jpg

Pics of the pick up site from the other side of the hill / mountain. Not fun getting up there to recover a 6th propane tank; throwing it down from that height to the wash took almost a minute to roll....

Cameo of Phil taken by Bmans daughter, Hayleigh.
mountain 1.jpg
mountain 2.jpg
phil.jpg

Tim giving his speach to the crowd
hailey in hunters.jpg
tim talking to the crowd.jpg
time megaphone.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom