Four Peaks Pickup Saturday February 7th 2009 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I definitely in. Looking for another plastic g/f for my harem.;p
Ryan from SDHQ will be sponsoring this year with dumpster donations. Lets all get on the same page with the donations so we don't have too many dumpster and not enough of other things. If we get enough volunteers, maybe we can spread this cleanup to Sycamore, since its a frikin mess there
Thanks
Don

hey i feel i must correct you , i shoot but i dont litter when doing so ! these people are litters or slobs take your pick:mad: and im real sure we can use the grill
I agree. Most of the trash is shooters trash, but we must be specific. Its irresponsible shooters. I'm a shooter. I actually shot a bit after taking pics. Then cleaned up my shells plus whatever else would fit in a large trash bag and headed home.

I definitely in. Looking for another plastic g/f for my harem.;p
Ryan from SDHQ will be sponsoring this year with dumpster donations. Lets all get on the same page with the donations so we don't have too many dumpster and not enough of other things. If we get enough volunteers, maybe we can spread this cleanup to Sycamore, since its a frikin mess there
Thanks
Don

Don,
Ryan may put his funds towards food etc etc. Whatever I tell him we need. Either way lets not worry about what donations are for at this point. We just need them. We'll need several hundred dollars from folks. If people go to the Sierra Expeditions donation link and give a couple bucks they can be assured that it will be used for the clean up on whatever is needed. Trash bags, dumpster costs, food, water. If we do manage to cover all that then it will be donated to Disabled Explorers and Karmaracer.
Two great non-profits. :D

We're new to the group, but we'll definately be there. Even though thats a really easy trail, (even for us), we got out there failly often just to enjoy the beautiful scenery. Really sad that people trash the area so badly.

got a paypal address I could donate to ?

we will not be able to make it, but we sure want to be there in spirit

Nice, close it or trash it. Typical, pathetic Arizona land management. You would think they would figure out that by closing the trashed area, they are merely spreading the problem.:bang::bang:

well i was thinking do we to seperate steel scrap from the garbage i could take it down an turn it in an give the money to ?? im sure we will keep alum can seprate i think the boy scouts collect cans

oh ,on the seventh, i have a grill the one previously talked about so the plan is pot luck BBQ:cheers:

We're new to the group, but we'll definately be there. Even though thats a really easy trail, (even for us), we got out there failly often just to enjoy the beautiful scenery. Really sad that people trash the area so badly.
Glad to hear it! See you out there. Truth be told I rarely go out there. I like more remote areas, but I just can't stand to see it like this. I feel like we (responsible land users) need to show them (folks who generally suck) that its not okay and that we won't stand for it.

got a paypal address I could donate to ?

we will not be able to make it, but we sure want to be there in spirit
Thanks! Very good of you. You can donate here: 4 Peaks Clean Up DONATION Spot

or I can arrange one of the charities DisabledExplorers.com or karmaracer.org to take the funds in the name of the cleanup. I just don't want to take cash personally since I'm just Tim. Not an org of any kind.
I will however take trash bags, boxes and boxes of them! :cheers:

well i was thinking do we to seperate steel scrap from the garbage i could take it down an turn it in an give the money to ?? im sure we will keep alum can seprate i think the boy scouts collect cans
There are so many brass shells etc, it will be too hard to seperate them, but I encourage anyone that wants the aluminum computer bodies or copper found to take it and redeem the money for a profit or a donation if they like.

oh ,on the seventh, i have a grill the one previously talked about so the plan is pot luck BBQ:cheers:
Sounds good!! I'm trying to get the food handled. We'll see what I can come up with.

Oh yah, :clap: 98.7 The Peak will be doing 15 minutes on Sunday about the cleanup. I go into the studio tomorrow. Yes, yes I'll sign your tetnus infested trash for you at the cleanup. :hillbilly:

FourPeaks09l.jpg

i annouced the clean up at the pack meeting ,the pack leader wanted to know if ther was any thing you wanted the scouts to do?(may be bring flag for pledge to start our activity) where ever we set up i will have the grill there for who ever needs it? will bring some dogs!

i annouced the clean up at the pack meeting ,the pack leader wanted to know if ther was any thing you wanted the scouts to do?(may be bring flag for pledge to start our activity) where ever we set up i will have the grill there for who ever needs it? will bring some dogs!

Thanks. thats pretty cool. There won't be much of an official start since everyone comes in at different times so I don't know if the flag will work timing wise. Showing up is enough. If they want to do something later when we stop for the day before end that could work!
:clap:

ANYONE WITH A TIVO OR SOME OTHER DVR please record channel 12 from 12 to 230 today. At some point Tim will have a spot on the news!!!

recorded but haven't watched it yet...I will check it out in the am when I get home from work
Tim really knows how to get the word out!

Thanks! Very good of you. You can donate here: 4 Peaks Clean Up DONATION Spot...

Just a heads-up, I've gotten a red flag regarding the security certificate of the Sierra Expeditions website when trying to check out from their shopping cart. Don't know what's up with that; Google checkout works, though.

On another note, all of you who like the desert might want to check out what the Power company might be doing in areas where not many people can see.

Just a heads-up, I've gotten a red flag regarding the security certificate of the Sierra Expeditions website when trying to check out from their shopping cart. Don't know what's up with that; Google checkout works, though.

On another note, all of you who like the desert might want to check out what the Power company might be doing in areas where not many people can see.

ChaseTruck,
I'll tell my friends at Sierra about that. So it did end up working? Does your profile show New Orleans?
Tim

So it did end up working?

Yes. I hope it helps a little.
Although usually anything with either the words 'Sierra' or 'Expeditions' makes me nervous...:D

Does your profile show New Orleans?

Not sure what that means. I'm sitting in Baton Rouge right now. But my 'wheeling base is Arizona (and Utah...). Neither my wife nor I won't be able to come to the cleanup, that's why I have an interest.

took my lil brother out riding today at sugar loaf . found a lot of garbage it looks bad out there

Yes. I hope it helps a little.
Although usually anything with either the words 'Sierra' or 'Expeditions' makes me nervous...:D

Not sure what that means. I'm sitting in Baton Rouge right now. But my 'wheeling base is Arizona (and Utah...). Neither my wife nor I won't be able to come to the cleanup, that's why I have an interest.

Haha!! Sorry about that one. I just heard that a donation came in from New Orleans and I was curious. :D

ALSO, this one group called the Copper State Somethin or others are providing lunch for the cleanup... :grinpimp:
:doh:

Haha! Thanks guys and gals!!!!

You rock.

Thanks BMAN!

took my lil brother out riding today at sugar loaf . found a lot of garbage it looks bad out there

Last I heard several of the sites on the Sugar loaf/Upper Sycamore road are on the cleanup list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom