Four Carb queries.. with photo.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,

This carb is on a 2F in a 77 FJ45.. its running both LPG and Petrol.. I have four questions about it..

Carb Photo..

imgurb.jpg

Question 1.. Is the lever indicated with the red arrow meant to be connected to something on the left hand side?

Question 2.. What is the electrical connection to the carb indicated by the blue arrow for..?

Question 3.. Is there mean to be something screwed on where the yellow arrow is pointing?

Question 4.. Would this be the original Aisan carb for a 2F in 1977? And is there a specific model number that would identify it?

With many thanks for any help.

Last edited:
The picture doesn't work

stock '77 fj40 with 31x10.5's daily driver

Last edited:
The lever is where your accelerator cable is supposed to be mounted and then to the throttle. Someone has changed to another type of cable but can't really tell what. The electrical connector is a fuel solenoid. Without it it runs horrible at idle. And I don't recall anything being screwed in there. I think it's just a plug.... Like a freeze plug would be installed. But don't take that to the bank.... Not entirely sure.

OMG.... I must have totally just not looked at your pic... The lever is for your accelerator pump. It's hooked up with a rod and spring from the carb linkages. Look at mine.
image-1385796418.jpg
image-14337812.jpg

Neat photos.. thanks!

I'm wondering how its working at all after seeing yours.. its actually running very well both on LPG and Petrol.... but how? :)

I can understand it running on LPG petrol without it.. not sure on Petrol though..

Thanks again.

red arrow point to accelerator pump actuator lever, don't need it cause you're burninLPG and there is no way for the carb to pump an extra squirt of pane into the system.
blue arrow points to idle fuel solenoid wire, needed for opening the idle only port inside the carb, again, you don't need it cause....
yellow arrow-I forgot the name of the thing.....but yes, something screwed on to it, prolly liquid fuel relatedBut dang it, I forget.....
Looks pretty close to be stock 77 vintage, but need more pics to tell...one from each side of it so we can count the ports and verify the doodahds.

red arrow point to accelerator pump actuator lever, don't need it cause you're burninLPG

Thanks for that info.. much appreciated.

I do still run on petrol on occasion.. it runs quite well on petrol still.. even without that accelerator pump connected.. I'll go ahead and find the linkage and hook it up I think!

Cheers,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom