Wanted FOUND..! (USA) Neb. ‘67 FJ-45 SUN VISORS (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

groundeater

...ordinary birdbrain 🤣
SILVER Star
Threads
Anyone have a pair of Sun Visors they’re willing to part with ? I am guessing they are rare ? New ones are last resort.... I do have a few parts (FJ-45 ) to trade if need be...

Are these interchangeable with the ‘40’s ?

My 65 FJ45LP-B had some of those aftermarket tinted plastic visors. Removed them and installed FJ40 visors using the stock threaded fixed nuts on the windshield.

My 65 FJ45LP-B had some of those aftermarket tinted plastic visors. Removed them and installed FJ40 visors using the stock threaded fixed nuts on the windshield.

Thanks for your offer, I had just located a pair in Colorado this last Friday through a friend. I may be still interested in yours, do ya have a pic of ‘em ? I’ve never seen the aftermarket ones, do they have mounting hardware ? Are they plexiglass ? What were you asking for the pair ?

I’m curious about those “stock threaded fixed nuts on the windshield.” In a ‘65 @Living in the Past?

the 40 and 45 visors would be the same for the year needed.
you want the visors with the long arm to clear the wiper motors or otherwise they won't fold up out of the way as they won't clear the wiper motors.

the 40 and 45 visors would be the same for the year needed.
you want the visors with the long arm to clear the wiper motors or otherwise they won't fold up out of the way as they won't clear the wiper motors.

It appears that in this picture from the manual that the sun visor is in the down position...yes ? Won’t it hit the wiper motor if it is in the fold -up position ?

3898A85C-C56D-4F40-90AD-770D1D9A3110.jpeg

It appears that in this picture from the manual that the sun visor is in the down position...yes ? Won’t it hit the wiper motor if it is in the fold -up position ?

View attachment 1988556

its hard to see in the fuzzy pic, the arm is longer than the later ones. it is also bent out and away from the windshield frame so when it is in the up position it is vertical and misses the wiper motor.

later ones with short arms will not clear the wiper motor.
this is looking at my spare set of early visors and the visors on my 1980.
ran out of time for pics.
assuming the bolt spacing is the same between generations, the later short arms will be horizontal or flat in the up position as they won't clear the wiper motor.

its hard to see in the fuzzy pic, the arm is longer than the later ones. it is also bent out and away from the windshield frame so when it is in the up position it is vertical and misses the wiper motor.

later ones with short arms will not clear the wiper motor.
this is looking at my spare set of early visors and the visors on my 1980.
ran out of time for pics.
assuming the bolt spacing is the same between generations, the later short arms will be horizontal or flat in the up position as they won't clear the wiper motor.

yeah I had better hold off on buying the pair that I found until I know exactly what year, and especially the length of the arm... thanks for your help here I appreciate it.

Can you tell by these pictures if these visors might be the ones needed ? The seller doesn’t know what they came out of for sure. The end of the bar where the mount is, possibly has that bend you were speaking about....yes? Your input greatly appreciated...

D51D5B88-8F43-40A5-A711-6FCA0F2FB825.jpeg

E8BEE372-3DB6-4559-8C15-3969C008E01A.jpeg

Thanks......I didn’t want to chance it, and end up selling them myself. Although just looking back over threads I think I could sell them without a problem. Thanks for your help.

BTW, City Racer has nice new OEM ones at a good price. Long arms.

Last edited:
Hey thanks for letting me know that friend. My truck is rebuilt now and I would like to install newer ones, older ones will look outta place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom