Found this in my door? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello Mudders,

This is my first post asking for help. I’ve been devouring these forums and really appreciate the colossal wisdom here. Truly invaluable and it has inspired me to take on really rewarding projects. Thank you all.

So, very brief backstory: I’ve had my ‘85 FJ60 for 20 years now. Pretty stock, good shape. An old friend.

I’ve just finished installing new sound deadener & new carpeting (found here - it’s awesome). I also put in new seatbelts from Seatbelt Planet, and added rear-headrests from a 62 and 3-point rear retractors. Tonight I opened up my drivers door panel to add some sound deadener (and reduce the tinny sound when closing the door). I’ve always had a little rattle when closing the door.

Fast forward to this, one of my first posts. I tried searching the forums but at this point I’m throwing this out there in hopes that your collective experience can guide me.

I found this little black broken piece of something in the bottom of my driver’s door. It’s made of a very hard rubber. I have no clue if it broke off something related to the window regulator or lock/handle mechanism? Everything works. I did replace the front speakers several years ago - not sure if it could have related to the old speakers? It’s too big to have fallen into the gap where the window emerges from the door. No clue where it came from.

Appreciate any help or guidance!

77B08EF5-6F87-4F60-B099-90FF1052DF83.jpeg
0E4DDAC8-9310-4CAA-8D03-F6DBA322800A.jpeg
3DABDE32-71AF-4FE8-89D1-62EC9FEDC133.jpeg
!

It’s the crumbled remnant of your door limiter cushion. Read post #63 of this thread...

OK, seriously, how did you do that so fast? You are right - thank you. I’ll either try to make one like he did or see if I can find a part number and get lucky with Toyota.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom