found this in a magazine .SOA Wardens style (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

pbgbottle

Forum Lifer
Threads
thought i might post this up .I found it in an old magazine i had stashed away.

SOA shackle reversal conversion wardens style

not sure if you all can read it .:doh:

spring-over (Medium).jpg
spring-over 1 (Medium).jpg
spring-over 2 (Medium).jpg

Last edited:
Dang, I remember the owner of that shop had a bad ass 40!!!

i have that article and i believe they keep the alignment degrees a secret for the c and t.

if i remember correctly that was true .i had to contact warden years ago to ask them about the degrees they reccommended it was missing from the article,
i don't no why it seemed to be a secret ? they didn't have any problem telling me .

i had to ask them about the pipe cutter thingy also ,
it did not work for me .it just broke the blades as it wobbled around the axle tube. ,
i guess i didn't grind it round enough or used the wrong type of pipe cutter ..

i have that article and i believe they keep the alignment degrees a secret for the c and t.

Also interesting who wrote that article. Harald is still around guiding people through the Rubicon. I usually run into him once a year or so but didn't see him last year. He rents clients an FJ40(he has 2), and he guides them through in his Jeep TJ.

Here is his website: http://4x4abc.com/4x4trips/competent.html

Danny Warden had a brown SOA late model FJ40. It was in nice condition but not particularly hard core by recent standards. V8 swap, SM420 etc.

thought i might post this up .I found it in an old magazine i had stashed away.

SOA shackle reversal conversion wardens style

not sure if you all can read it .:doh:

Does that say September 1987?

Any way to get a bigger scan of that Conn-Ferr ad? I have a bunch of stuff from that vintage - I would like to see what the description really says.

Thanks -

Rocky

If I had to hazard a guess, I'd guess that Dave Frieberger wrote the article. He wrote the article for SU on the first Rubithon in '89. Big Mike told me at Rubithon last year he was gonna post that one up on Marlin's website. Don't know if he ever did. I can ask him in a few weeks in Bakersfield. Or you techy guys can sleuth it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom