found some 40's the other day (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I got a report of a couple of cruisers sitting in the back lot of a a storage facility from my brother who always has his eye on the lookout for cruisers for me. I called the place to see what they had.
2 late 70's fj40's and a late 60's that my brother didnt see that was abandoned by a renter. the latter is on a dolly with the entire running gear removed for an apparent rock crawler attempt. The guy heard that they might be worth something and didnt know if he wanted to sell or not but I was welcome to look at what he had and make an offer.
a week later i finally make my way over to the town they are located in and what i find are the rusted remains of 2 40's that are in bad shape. the guy actually said on the phone that he might hold on to them for another 10 yrs and see what they would be worth...
my answer was easy, they wont be worth scrap prices in 10 yrs and I left.
these are located in Harrodsburg, ky if anyone is interested i would be glad to provide contact info. If you are looking for parts, especially drivetrain stuff it might be worth trying to deal with the guy but I am telling you the body's are rough!

It cracks me up these fleabay/graiglisters that are ALL OF A SUDDEN sittin on a goldmine! Does TLC's website have top piority on google??? :rolleyes:

Some pics sure would have been helpful to those interested.

i didnt notice the front brakes nor did I take pics but I will get back on both points, probably sometime over the weekend.

Yeah, the guy was cracking me up with the "i think these things have some serious value" bit. They see a cherry, over priced FJ40 on ebay with a buyitnow of 80k and all the sudden their junk is gold...

yeah i hate these people, i know of a 78 sitting on the side of a guys house for the last 15 to 20 years. it belonged to his son who i went to school with and his son moved out of state. its got cancer all over the place. but the interior and drive train are in great shape and it even has the factory rubber floor mat in good shape and an overdrive unit. i offered him 500.00 for it and he said his son had more then that into the overdrive unit alone, so i told him you cant even get parts for the over drive any more. he didnt care and i walked. its still sitting there rotting away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom