Found my truck's coolest feature, and a question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
IMG_2046.JPG

After ending up on a many year old thread today, I discovered that my truck will play DVDs on the factory nav screen. That's about the coolest thing I've learned all week.

My question: does anyone know if there is a way around the requirement that the parking brake be on for the movie to play? I noticed it will still play if I only pull the brake up to the first notch. Is the brake actually activated at all on the first notch? Is there a wire I can pull somewhere to trick it?

EDIT: found this thread which seems to detail the process pretty well for anyone else curious:
Navigation system hacks

Last edited:
This is via the cd changer correct?

I had no idea I could play dvds either, and I'm a bit shocked it still works.

IMG_3844.JPG

My 01 LC also did that at one time on the factory nav acreen, until I yanked the 6 disk changer out and replaced with a GROM unit.

I'm surprised so many people didn't know that:confused:

You find this to be your favorite feature of the truck?

It never dawned on me that this might be a feature but now that I know I also have no plan to even see if it works in mine.

Different Strokes I guess.

You find this to be your favorite feature of the truck?

It never dawned on me that this might be a feature but now that I know I also have no plan to even see if it works in mine.

Different Strokes I guess.

No I wasn't being literal. My favorite feature is actually the driver's seat, which I find to be extremely comfortable.

Honorable mention to the ball vent.

No I wasn't being literal. My favorite feature is actually the driver's seat, which I find to be extremely comfortable.

Honorable mention to the ball vent.

Don't mind the new joiner trolls. I get what you're saying and it is neat - thanks for adding to the conversation here.

Ball Vent FTW.

Don't mind the new joiner trolls. I get what you're saying and it is neat - thanks for adding to the conversation here.

Ball Vent FTW.
Thanks so much for the warmth?
You do not need to be condescending, which means to talk down to.

I agree o the Vent too for sure!
My Tundy has one too and it is the shiite!

My cd changer is missing the cartridge. I'm reluctant to buy a new cartridge just to find out the changer does not work.

My cd changer is missing the cartridge. I'm reluctant to buy a new cartridge just to find out the changer does not work.

If you can't find one locally to try it out, I'd be happy to send you mine to try if you pay shipping to test and return. Not quite ready to part with it yet as it doesn't seem like upgrading the audio is a real option on the 2004+ trucks.

If you can't find one locally to try it out, I'd be happy to send you mine to try if you pay shipping to test and return. Not quite ready to part with it yet as it doesn't seem like upgrading the audio is a real option on the 2004+ trucks.

Dude that's awesome thank you. I'd be more than willing to do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom