FOUND IT!: spray can plastic paint to match Tan Oak Interior (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So do we have a color match for the lighter brown/tan interior trim yet? I have a 97 Collectors Eddition that I’m in the process of restoring. I can’t tell if anyone has had a great match yet.

@hntashdjian have you figured this out yet? The #17313 isn’t even close. Thanks!

PM me your address and I will send you 2 color charts in the mail.

So I just ordered some trim pieces for my '97 and they are no longer available in -AO which is described by Toyota as "Ivory". They only are available in -BO which is described as light gray.

It appears from this thread that the light tan that some are trying to match is the Toyota ivory. Did anyone come up with anything more definitive other than Acura tan or the SEM 17313 Tan?

What’s this stuff for ?
The only thing I have painted, was an overhead console for a sub tank install. Pretty sure this is what I used for the light brown match. Now granted, the over head console was not adjoining other tan/oak plastics

If you’re looking for the light tan/oak color match, might give this stuff a try

5D0912F2-CCCB-4BEC-AF22-F630BA22D3C3.jpeg

This thread is confusing. It's implying there is a few different tan options for consoles. There is only one tan color option but 3 total colors offered on all 80s. There is the dark brown found in the 91-94, then there is the tan "Oak" found in the 95-97 and possibly earlier years. Then there is the gray that was offered in all year 80s. I can say with certainty after painting 1000's of parts that Rustoleum Textured Bronze is an exact match to the interior tan "Oak" color found in the 95-97 Cruiser and the 96-97 LX450. I buy the Textured Bronze at home depot and Ace Hardware but have seen it in other stores. Walmart used to carry it in stores and by far had the best price but my local Walmart doesn't carry it any more. Here is a link to the paint on Amazon. I can say with 100% certainty, this is an exact color match to the Toyota Tan "Oak" in our 80s.
Amazon product ASIN B000LNQS2K

That’s fantastic. So there is oak and ivory trim in my ‘97 80. What color matches the ivory?
What has "Ivory" trim? I know the Leather is a lighter tan/cream color and some of the lighter tan/cream on the doors but I don't know of any plastic parts that have that lighter color. I will look at my 80 later to see if I understand your question better.

What has "Ivory" trim? I know the Leather is a lighter tan/cream color and some of the lighter tan/cream on the doors but I don't know of any plastic parts that have that lighter color. I will look at my 80 later to see if I understand your question better.

I think the sunroof trim and the headliner clips and maybe some other roof trim pieces are a lighter color than the oak, but I could be wrong.

Pretty sure it is the trim an oak interior has around the grab handles including the grab handles themselves.

I found that Rust-Oleum London Gray is a pretty good match for some of the interior plastic pieces in my 95.

To clarify, although gray is in the name, it is more of a tan color. It has a satin finish and bonds to plastic.

Last edited:
I have the oak interior but I have no idea what color the center of my steering wheel used to be. It is grey now but I am pretty sure it was ivory . Can anyone confirm what color i should take it back to? I have the steering wheel off and would like to repaint the center portion while I have it off.

20200228_180244.jpg

SEM Monterey
Thank you so much. this is what I needed to know!

I have mine pulled already and that was why I wanted to paint it while it was already out. I have to finish building the new leather cover but almost done with it.

This thread is confusing. It's implying there is a few different tan options for consoles. There is only one tan color option but 3 total colors offered on all 80s. There is the dark brown found in the 91-94, then there is the tan "Oak" found in the 95-97 and possibly earlier years. Then there is the gray that was offered in all year 80s. I can say with certainty after painting 1000's of parts that Rustoleum Textured Bronze is an exact match to the interior tan "Oak" color found in the 95-97 Cruiser and the 96-97 LX450. I buy the Textured Bronze at home depot and Ace Hardware but have seen it in other stores. Walmart used to carry it in stores and by far had the best price but my local Walmart doesn't carry it any more. Here is a link to the paint on Amazon. I can say with 100% certainty, this is an exact color match to the Toyota Tan "Oak" in our 80s.
Amazon product ASIN B000LNQS2K

For those looking for an actual interior color match this statement is false. This color is not a match of the interior “oak” or brown

F4F12F52-89D5-4D35-841B-392806F2E370.jpeg

CE59003D-A697-4791-8931-6E66EC22E5FB.jpeg

B07F2E02-276D-482D-8921-F392ADADED62.jpeg

Where did you take that plastic from?
If you look here Rear cargo light install, ERG80 style you will see that it is an exact match for some places. In my case it matches perfectly with the back plastic on the upper liftgate.

I just read through this whole thread and I'm quite confused as well. Came here looking for the color to match my dual gauge pod to the grab handle on my '93; would this be considered the Acura Tan mentioned earlier?

IMG_7082.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom