Found another FJ40! What would it take for this cruiser to be worth the $700 asking? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

JJB77FJ40 said:
What is that pipe next to the distributor coming out of the cam zone?

JJB

I believe that's called a "road draft tube". It pulls crank case gasses out when the vehicle is moving.

I see very few things you could use it for Joey. The only think I really see that you might be interested in is the doors for half doors. That is about it. You can part it and at least break even as stated a lot of hard tops go for 150 or more but now I noticed the sun roof? and that brings down the value. That is a 2F engine. Do know know what kind of carb that is??? You already have a project I personally do not think you need another one at least not this soon. Concentrate on your dream truck and if at some point you tear into it and realize you need quite a bit than the hunt begins but until than I would personally pass on the info. Not saying it is not worth it just going to be ALOT of time. You could part it out and probably make close to your money on the doors alone (100.00) is usually fair if not rusted TOO bad. Your call though. Could buy it take the few weeks to strip it, part it/use what YOU want and take the rest to the scrap yard. Maybe make a couple bucks that you could throw into your cruiser. It is your call. It is a fair deal but I would pass it on and build up the cruiser karma. :D

PICK IT UP!!!!!

SSSHHHHHH

It has the rare 'moss' options on the steering column....

Ebay this jewel fo sho...

"That is a 2F engine. Do know know what kind of carb that is???

No, it's an 'F' engine, and that's a one barrel Rochester piece of junk.

honk said:
What would it take for this cruiser to be worth the $700 asking?
$695 stuffed in the glove box :D

Thats a GM 250 or 292 ci. Prob early sixtys from vent tube maybe older evan back to 49. Most likely SM420. If your looking to for a project I'd say you found one. Good luck!

tobydog said:
Thats a GM 250 or 292 ci. Prob early sixtys from vent tube maybe older evan back to 49. Most likely SM420. If your looking to for a project I'd say you found one. Good luck!

Yeah, from the V/C holddowns it is a GM, but either 235 or 292. The early F had a vent tube same place, usually doubling as the oil filler with a small tube out for a pcv valve.

75 fj40 with a chavy inline six............and the OEM AM radio :)

Looks like a good candidate for the rust farm :doh:

Pimp beat me to it....the radio goes for $100 some days on Ebay :D

If the windshield frame is solid, the low wiper ones are worth something.

Hood is repairable for a trail rig.

I say yes. Where are you located?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom