Found another FJ25

Discussion in 'FJ25 Owners Group' started by proffittscruisers, Jun 17, 2005.

1. proffittscruisers

proffittscruisers

Sorry, no pics, didn't have my camera.

I found another 25 today 1960 , no motor, tranny, or t/case. No tailgate, soft top bows, or hood emblem.

It did have all of the dash plaques, both wiper motors, hood, fenders, and bib all in good shape.

I can't remember what the dash plaque to the right of the gear shift pattern had on it. Mine doesn't have this one, is it rare?

The owner opened the door about 2 inches and was very candid about speaking with me. I started to pull out my wallet to thumb out some bills, but he said "It's not for sale"

I'll go back though, and try again!

2. proffittscruisers

proffittscruisers

OH ya, VIN was FJ25L ____ Is the L after the 25 something different?

3. LandCruiserSteve

LandCruiserSteve

Left-hand drive maybe?

4. Cruiser_Nerd

Cruiser_Nerd That 25 Guy. Moderator

The L in the VIN just means left hand drive. Sometimes in the "model" or "type" space they have an extra letter which we haven't figured out like ....... FJ25LC or others.....there doesn't seem to be anything different about them.

Dash plaques should be the shift pattern on one and tire pressures on the other.

Might be very interested in the tub and frame if they're good.........PM Foxfab or me.

5. proffittscruisers

proffittscruisers

I knew L usually meant left-hand-drive But in My vin, the L is on the end of the numbers (as inFJ26 123786L) and on this one, it's after the 25.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.