found a '91 for $4500 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
triplefault.org
not alot of details in the ad but the body looks nice. assuming it has less than 200k miles on it, what would be a good price to offer for it?

anything special to look out for on a '91?

Is it this one?
Looks good to me also. Check it out....

e7rnFD11qFmLtzqnAQMw5b70swqI.jpg

...are those headlight cleaners?

hi

first do a carfax on it.check steering knuckles ,differentials ,sample transmission fluid,brakes.i found a 91 from a customer of mine with 189000 miles on it.it looked like new,inside and out.i stole it for $2900.i put another $2000 in it for mechanical items to bring it up to where i felt it should last at least another 100000 miles.assuming it does it would have only cost me 4.9 cents a mile.if transmission or engine has problems it will be very expensive to fix.i love mine and feel comfortable with my investment.who can afford to pay sales tax on something new,not me!!good luck :beer:

It'll look even better with Volvo Portal Axles under it :)

Nope sorry, havn't talked anybody about this one.
I just looking through craigslist.com and seeing what is posted there.
I already have a very mighty 1991. :grinpimp:

This one looks like a gem :D

Last edited:
do the usual "interview" type stuff, as well...what have they done, how recently, receipts all that jazz. Also, try to figure out if anyone else is looking at it. Then, if you're comfortable, offer around $3000...why not shoot for the moon. Thats your starting point for negotiations. Work to deduct $$ for all sorts of stuff, and get that ride!

Good luck, and let us know how it all turns out.

small world

i see you are in the austin area - i am pretty sure that is my moms old truck - she bought it new in '91 and traded in in on another 80 in '95 & got real close to what she paid for it orginally (sticker prices really sky-rocketed from '91 to '95). hard to tell from the pics but it was the only one i have seen around austin (or anywhere) with headlight washers and champagne color with a funky dark brown 'pinstriping' / stickers on the rocker panels?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom