Found a 25 in a local junk yard today (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It looked pretty much unmolested. The only parts that I could find that were missing were the carb and rear tailgate. Not too rusty except the top. I really like the way the back door folds up on the track. If anyone is interested give me a shout and I will let you know where it is.

Is that MA in your location Massachusetts?????? You've got PM's, emails, and what not.... :D

Cruiser_Nerd said:
Is that MA in your location Massachusetts?????? You've got PM's, emails, and what not.... :D
I beat you to the PMs :flipoff2:

Course it was just to get info for both you and Foxfab so it don't matter :D

Is that east coast rust?

I'll take some of the door parts if someone is going to part it out.

I gave cruiser nerd and junk the info. It is not the kind of place that will ship parts, so I thought posting the number would hurt someones chance of buying it in one piece. cruiserman if neither of those guys gets it, I will get a list and get the parts anyone needs. Albee

With any luck I'll check it out tomorrow and try to work something out. I pretty much know what everyone needs / wants. ;)

Albee......A+ for effort, B- for Cruiser Identification..... ;p
Seriously, thanks for the heads-up but it was a '61 FJ40. :D
Still super rare to find a Cruiser like that in a boneyard up here. The hard top looks like it was cut out and maybe had a safari top on it. I got a few parts off it, but like you said, everything was made of gold. ;)

Detailed Pics (not dial up friendly) If you absolutely, positively have to have something off it I can go back (or maybe Albee will), but he won't be cheap. The carb, air cleaner and rear step went home with me.
1FJ4010938.JPG

Now for some details.............

No, it wasn't a stamped bezel. :frown: (who needs a bezel anyhow?)

The original front bumper was there but it is pretty twisted up, and also has a plow frame bolted/rusted to it.

It is 1FJ4010938 ........ just wanted to note that because it did not have a 25 left apron (but they were the original aprons) or 25 gas filler.

Instrument cluster is there....but it's been in the weather a good 15 years.....sending units were from a later motor.....didn't check the engine number.

Seat frames might be good.

Eric - window lifters were gone, and no sign of them inside the doors.

Phil - this three speed is probably shot.........John's got a nice one though. :D

Steve - hardtop panels probably aren't worth the effort, bifold door.....maybe.

John - Steering wheel was really oxidized and cracked, but not missing huge chunks.

Mike - Your avatar won't be the only place you see that Aisan......

I guess this just another clue about the change over from the 25s. My 1961 forty I just got had the 25 apron and gas fill, VIN# 1FJ40-10202. This still had the bumper though, probably used up 25 parts until they were about gone.

John

1FJ4010447 is a hardtop and has the 25 apron and fuel filler.

Jim did it have fifteen inch wheels? My 61 did and I think they were original. I seen factory literature with the sixteen inch wheels, but I think in this country they were all fifteen inch.

John

Didn't notice if they were 15" or 16"......just that they weren't 25 wheels. ;)

Cruiser_Nerd said:
Steve - hardtop panels probably aren't worth the effort, bifold door.....maybe.

Then I'll probably pass considering the distance. Thanks for checking anyway, Jim.

Sorry I did not relize it was not 40. I should have checked the plate under the hood. Next time I will before I post about it. Albee

The fuel filler neck is one of the things that I was looking for when I found it. I think I am going to go back and get an apron and maybe the seat frame if not too expensive. What is th difference between 40 and 25 aprons?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom