found 33 x9.50R15 are they worth it ?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i blew a belt or something on my 31x10.50s this weekend, wobbled home like the time I blew out my flip flop,
anyway 4 tires on 5 lug rims he's asking $400, how worried should i be about the date or are going to 33x10.50s KO2s for twice the price, still worth it?

walk away, all those tires are too old to be safe to drive on the street. Off-road maybe but not worth it.

Not sure what condition the used tires are in or your use of the rig. I had 33x10.5 ko2's on stock rims and swapped to 16" wheels and 235/85 BFG AT tires. I like the 16" set up way better. Driving, steering and looks. See page 5 of my build thread.

I have a set of five. No way would I drive on the road with them...
Wish they would make them again.

Interesting timing of the question. I moved my K5 yesterday for the first time in ages and found a stock rivet rim that I had bartered with a MUDer about a decade ago for the 33x9.5 that came with it.

The tire lasted 3 days. Luckily it collapsed as I was pulling into my driveway.

That said, the lure is practically irresistible, and I currently have a pair on the 45 I got from @HKforte .

Yah, it sucks. The best modern equivalent (that requires new rims) is 255/85/16. Really work well on 80 series rims, but any 7-8 inch rim works great.

33 x 10.5 x 15 which you can get really do not work well on 60 series 6 inch rims. And even less well on 40 series 5 inch rims. THey work just ok and like many, I did this for years. But they crown too much and wear prematurely. Not a good way to go.

guess it was wishfull thinking,
i just picked up set of factory wheels from my local toyota shop, they started out at $190 each, i got them down to 109 each and $16 per hub cap,
i'm about 50/50 sand and farm lanes, about 20-30 miles of highway to get me there, my current tires are everybit of 15 years old, i bought them used when i got the truck 12 yrs ago, bought the 2.5" OME lift springs and shackles hopefully get to install it next week

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom