Found 1994 LC... Any opinions? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all,

I am in a market for a LC :D Thanks to this forum I am very confident about this vehicle. Anyways, I have found a 1994 LC without difflock for $8000 with 144K miles. I am going to test drive it tomorrow... Do you all think this is a good price? What should I be looking at it as far as inspecting it. All your experienced opinions are welcome...

:-[ Don't flame me too much because I am actively searching this forum for information as much as I can...

Thanks,
-hkimsoft

In the last 30 days there have been several posts on what to look for, so I won't dwell on that.

$8k is a decent price. Would be better with lockers, but you're on the better end. At that age, really any truck, the maintenance is more important than lockers cause you can always add lockers but you can't turn back the clock and tell the d*&Yweed to change the oil.

Post pics after you get it.

Just learned that 94LC is in a shop getting timing gear and timing chain replaced... is this something I should be concerned about before buying it? Thanks.

I would want to know why.

I just had the timing cover off the front of my 116k mile motor to fix an oil leak and the chain and related stuff was just fine.

A chain in a properly maintained motor should go farther than 144k miles. (my opinion)

hkimsoft,
Where are you located at? Saw a 93 w/lockers 140k for 7,500 on cars.com? It was in NJ

[quote author=SHAMROX80 link=board=2;threadid=9736;start=msg85668#msg85668 date=1073423834]
hkimsoft,
Where are you located at? Saw a 93 w/lockers 140k for 7,500 on cars.com? It was in NJ
[/quote]

Like I always say, want a cheap 80 with lockers, check in NJ. Shipping is not as expensive as you'd think.

As wob would say.... "Run Forest, RUN!"

-B-

FYI I just picked up a 1993 with lockers never any body work and driven by a 50 year old lady for 7,200 and has been dealer maintained since new with all service records. It has 160,000 miles but runs like new... I looked for 2 months on a daily basis to find this. Your deal sounds fair but in my opinion I would wait for one with lockers. During my search I found a lot of deals like yours but I held out for lockers.Just my opinion for what it is worth.... Good Luck on the search.

I saw that one on autotrader myself and gave them a call. The funny thing was that I called three weeks ago and they couldn't tell me if it had diff locks or not because the truck was out getting the timing chain replaced then. I guess it's more than a :banana: :banana: job. Anyway they were supposed to call me back the following Monday to ley me know about the lockers but I never heard back from them. So I passed on it because I didn't want to make the two hour drive if it didn't have lockers. I would have loved to have the white color but I settled on the grey/blue with lockers.

Good luck

>> and driven by a 50 year old lady <<

Damn CRZR45, you make it sound like that's some old bag with one foot in the grave.

:flipoff2: <===== Pretend he's not smiling.

-B-

[quote author=Beowulf link=board=2;threadid=9736;start=msg85792#msg85792 date=1073432116]
like that's some old bag with one foot in the grave[/quote]

At 50, it's more like 1.5 foot in the pit. :flipoff2: :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom