Fossil Springs Cleanup Sept 19, 2009 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.tontorecreationalliance.org
Fossil Springs Cleanup Sept 19, 2009

The date is Saturday September 19th. The main event is Saturday, but if you want to camp, there is a nice camping spot and you wont be alone. The club will be providing the evening meal, so if you plan to attend, post up so we can get an idea of how much to bring.

There will be another group there, it would be nice to have a better turnout than them?

If you have never been, it’s a beautiful area that regularly gets trashed.:eek: This event is everybody invited, welcome, with good graded forest road access to the site. Centrally located for the northern half of the state, easy access from the valley, Prescott, Sedona, Flag, etc. A couple of maps, first from the east. The road that you turn off of 87 on, IIRC is called Fossil Springs Rd, FS708. It takes you to the camp; there is only one Y stay on 708, 428 takes you back to Pine, 87.

From the west, get off I-17 in Camp Verde take 260 east to 708.

The camp is about .6 mi west of the bridge, south of the road, IIRC close to the power lines? If you can't find it just hangout close to the bridge and you will see cruisers soon!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Count me in!

I had originally planned to stay overnight and enjoy another great CSC evening like Payette was but shortly realized my daughters birthday (going to be 14!) is that Sunday. Ill have to depart at the end of Saturday to be home for her big day.

Definately in.

Count me in!

I had originally planned to stay overnight and enjoy another great CSC evening like Payette was but shortly realized my daughters birthday (going to be 14!) is that Sunday. Ill have to depart at the end of Saturday to be home for her big day.

No problem. I'm sure Inkpot will be able to clear the branches out so you'll have a clear path.:rolleyes:

I plan on being there...I had a great time the last time. I'm willing to put a dutch oven meal together if I get some help and suggestions. Cobbler will be a given.

Are we looking to get Toyota sponsorship again?

Looking forward to this...

No problem. I'm sure Inkpot will be able to clear the branches out so you'll have a clear path.:rolleyes:
Howdy! Yea, count me in. Maybe I can get there mid-day on Friday so I can cut a path in for everyone!! I've got some new ballcan paint that needs some pinstripes. John

Clear the way for the "polished turd!" :lol:

I plan on being there...I had a great time the last time. I'm willing to put a dutch oven meal together if I get some help and suggestions. Cobbler will be a given.

Cobbler sounds good!:cool:

Are we looking to get Toyota sponsorship again?

Looking forward to this...

The trail teams aren't running this year, so nope.:frown:

I thought i was the only one with a polished turd. I'll be there for the cleanup, maybe even doing a little camping.

Phil and others... I was planning Carne Asada this year with tortillas and Hatch chile's I need a SOLID headcount by the weekend prior. Kevin and I discussed this last month. It's still the plan. We do however need a GOOD gas grill to be brought up as I no longer have acces to a mobile unit.

Why does everything have to be happening on that weekend? It is like sick fate!
All of the weekends leading up to it are boring, as well as all of the weekends after. Only the clean-up offers some interest. Fun with the club, and there is always the prospect of the commode jokes! Yes, we still have the latrine with the light and padded toilet seat! And I have more than enough firewood. Alas, I cannot be there!
Two of our friends from far parts of the country are coming to visit on that weekend. We could bring them along. But then Mary is coming also. She is an insulin-dependent diabetic lady of 87 years. We may very well not ever see her again. We have to be at home to greet her. She is one of our dearest and best friends.
Unless something changes, I will miss seeing all of you.
You all know the routine, for a latrine, dig a hole and smooth a log...
If anyone wants to pick up the latrine unit, and bring it along, feel free! It has been improved for better campfire jokes and more comfort. Go for it! You are welcome to use it, just hose it off afterwards. I don't want to know!

See you next year!

Last edited:
So.....what was decided for the CSC food extravaganza?

Should we all bring something ala potluck?

This is important stuff ;)

thanks Phil!

I hear our CSC treasurer invested the club fundage wisely 6 months ago in silicone silicate futures and hit the jackopt when "cash 4 clunkers" was passed.

...Prime rib, lobster, fine spirits all served on white linen :clap:

i am still up in the air. may go, but not camp, or maybe camp, or not.... i have to dig my sleeping bag out of my storage unit! is there a meeting time and place to caravan up? or just meeting there? will try to bring the dogs if i can attend.

i am still up in the air. may go, but not camp, or maybe camp, or not.... i have to dig my sleeping bag out of my storage unit! is there a meeting time and place to caravan up? or just meeting there? will try to bring the dogs if i can attend.

You don't need a bag, just a light blanket and pad.:meh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom