Fossil Springs Cleanup Sept 19, 2009 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We need a grill. I ended up spending way to much on a set of friggin Yakima towers to buy the grill I wanted for this trip. I don't mind cooking over coals for a small meal but a group this size typically requires a large gas grill to get food on the table in a timely manner.

We need a grill. I ended up spending way to much on a set of friggin Yakima towers to buy the grill I wanted for this trip. I don't mind cooking over coals for a small meal but a group this size typically requires a large gas grill to get food on the table in a timely manner.

If anyone has a pickup that they are taking, we can use my extra / mobile grill. It's not small by any means, but it can be lifted into a truck and lashed down pretty easily - propane. If there is a taco going we could throw it in...

Tynan and I are going to be there during the day for the clean up but are questionable for overnight camping.

Tynan and I are going to be there during the day for the clean up but are questionable for overnight camping.

The kids keep asking if you guys will be there. I thought the wife was coming out for this one? Melissa will be bummed.

Kevin, I have a roll of raffle tickets I can bring if you need them. I can probably get a couple of Toyota items to add to the raffle.

Sounds good, thanks!

Will it still be worth while to show up around noon? I found out my daughter has a soccer game saturday morning. I may try to see if it's a work around this week for me if I'm taking the boy. What's the latest...is there a meet up place or is everyone on their own getting up there?

It's a great place, but is a couple of hour drive, whether it's worth it for the afternoon is up to you?

If some want to caravan, I'm thinking of leaving Baja ~7am, with a quick stop at maverick in Payson.

Phil, do we have the funds in the club kitty to buy a grill and supplies for club events?:hmm:

I'm really bummed that I can't be there for this one, since I've been planning to attend the whole time. I've got a conference to attend for work.:mad:

Is it day trip material? I can bring the 2500 4x4 dodge diesel for debris.

Is it day trip material? I can bring the 2500 4x4 dodge diesel for debris.

I maybe just going for the day, done it before. Got a gas grill you can toss in the back of the pickup?:hillbilly:

i am a no-go. having car touble on all 3 of our cars. will be a busy repair weekend.

I have dutch ovens...Let me know if you need them. Or I can plan on providing peach cobbler...let me know.

Smith clan is me +the boy. I plan on going up Friday night if anyone wants to join me...

We may still stay over but we'd have to bug out early on Sunday. Cassandra is really bummed about not being able to make it. Her admin assistant is having a baby shower that she can't miss. Everything always falls on the same weekend.
The kids keep asking if you guys will be there. I thought the wife was coming out for this one? Melissa will be bummed.

Tell Casandra that frateranizing(sp?) with people from work is never a good idea anyway and she can just give the broad some diapers and a giftcard to Walmart on Friday at work. Hell... It's just an assistant.

Yes we do... at least we should:eek:

If you guys want to approve this I suggest a Campchef Big Gas Grill.
SPG90B Big Gas Grill 3 - Camp Chef

It's new this year and Sprotsman's is supposed to have them for 199. I will check at lunch. It's the grill that I was going to buy for my own camping gear being that I usually end up cooking for alot of people. I have my little coleman 2 burner that works for the family but the big groups kill me because I ain't got the gear to do it. The grill box seems to be key for our group.

*** EDIT
Went and checked these out at lunch time. It's basically the same setup that Toyota has. 3 burner with a 2 burner grill box. SICK! $199 is the price. IMO a good deal. After using the Toyota unit on multiple occassions and Lance's similar BoyScout grill at the last cleanup I say Camp Chef is the way to go. Buy it and keep it at Kevin's shop cuz if it's at my place I'll be too tempted to use the piss outa it.

Last edited:
:DOr I can keep an eye on it if it take up to much space at kevins:D

Yep,

I want one of these for myself so damned bad. Half tempted to buy one if times weren't so tight.

Is there anything I can bring?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom