Fossil Springs Cleanup Sept 19, 2009 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm going to try and see if I can swing it with my son. $$$ is tight right now and gas is precious if you know what I mean.

Hey, how many are planning on camping Friday night? I have been thinking about renting a pop-up trailer and making it a family affair.

Well, as has been par for the course for me... I'm up in he air again. EVERYONE SHOULD PLAN TO FEED THEMSELVES AT THIS TIME!!!
If this changes in the coming days I will let you know. I'm sorry fellas... life seems to be getting in the way more and more these days.

... is there a meeting time and place to caravan up? or just meeting there? ...

It's a couple of hour drive, so thinking of leaving pretty early, ~7am from Baja?

So now what's the food plan, or are we scratchin the whole idea?

I did a pre run today and I have never seen Fossil Springs so crowded, even on a holiday. WTF! No open camp anywhere even went down the Childs road. They had a volleyball court set up at our regular camp site with more vehicles that I could count while turning around.
On the plus side I did count about 30 porta-poties they are everywhere now. Also a small group picking up trash.:clap:

Anyone going up on Thursday?:rolleyes:

i might have a couple old mre's around for ya shannon!

The plan is to be there but it's all up in the air fellas. I do not own a grill to cook the meal for the entire cleanup. I had intentions of buying a nice new campchef before this cleanup but things didn't pan out. With my situation being what it is I don't want to have everyone show up believing that BMAN will be there with his apron on as per usual and be hungry at the end of the night if I can't get up there. Be prepared is all I'm saying. I am making every attempt to be there Saturday morning. The tent is mounted on the 60 and there's air in the tires, hell I'm even gonna top off the power steering res.

My ultimate goal is to be there. Melissa and the kids are looking forward to it, hell so am I. My plan is to have dinner for Saturday night covered for all who attend. I just want you all to be prepared for the occassion if I don't show. That said... I need a solid headcount.

Post up If you're in and how many you're bringing!

Kevin,

All of my contacts for the FS were lost when I left Border. Cat sampson is working out of the red rock office. Let me try to contact her that way.

Who is bringing family and/or friends? I have heard from several who say they are planning on it, post up so we can put you on the list. This is the list as of now.

murf
FJ40LVR +3
BrotherRob
brittan +1
inkpot
LandCruiserPhil
azrider +3
Tools R Us
OffRoad Rage +1

On the maybe list?
phxtlc
BMAN +4
Kenny from Quickie
bdiemer

Last edited:
Kevin,

All of my contacts for the FS were lost when I left Border. Cat sampson is working out of the red rock office. Let me try to contact her that way.

Good deal.

Who has the raffle tickets, bring them with or get them to me before? I have a pretty good collection of raffle swag, but haven't had the time to aggressively pursue it, so if anyone talks to any vendors this week hit them up.

Kevin, I have a roll of raffle tickets I can bring if you need them. I can probably get a couple of Toyota items to add to the raffle.

Sent an email to Cat's attention at the Red Rock office. I'll let ya know if anything comes back.

Kevin put a +4 next to my name

Howdy! Better move me down to the Maybe list. I managed to gernade something in my DS knuckle on Saturday. Acts more like a blown hub than a Birf, but I need to tear it down to figure it out. I'm a bit surprised that I could pop either an Aisan hub internally, but then I would be surprised if I broke a Longfield either. But, it is definitely broke. I think I am going to have to redo my front driveshaft also. The slip joint is getting way too much side play in it. Oh well..... John

Howdy! Better move me down to the Maybe list. I managed to gernade something in my DS knuckle on Saturday. Acts more like a blown hub than a Birf, but I need to tear it down to figure it out. I'm a bit surprised that I could pop either an Aisan hub internally, but then I would be surprised if I broke a Longfield either. But, it is definitely broke. I think I am going to have to redo my front driveshaft also. The slip joint is getting way too much side play in it. Oh well..... John

John, I know you probably have spares - however hit me up if you nee a donor axle or parts.

Kevin - it will be me + the Boy, as well as my friend Brian + his little one.

John, I know you probably have spares - however hit me up if you nee a donor axle or parts.

Kevin - it will be me + the Boy, as well as my friend Brian + his little one.
Howdy! I appreciate it. I do have spare stock axles and Birfs, but if it is the hub gear ( I'm hopin), then I will be looking for another Aisin. I hope to get out there in the am to open the hub up and check it out. Thanks. John

Will it still be worth while to show up around noon? I found out my daughter has a soccer game saturday morning. I may try to see if it's a work around this week for me if I'm taking the boy. What's the latest...is there a meet up place or is everyone on their own getting up there?

put me on the list with my wife Megan and our two little ones. How many MRE's you got Anton, I have a family of 4 dude. BMAN, if you need anything to make this meal happen, let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom