Forward control Landcruiser

Hello:)
I was unable to access the readers ride sectoin .Seems I might not be the only one.This site does not have a slot for my truck as such.It is a close realitive of the 45 series Landcruiser.Basicly is is a forward control HJ 45 Landcrusier.It was built as a one of special vehicle some 23 years ago.80% HJ45 landcrusier 20% Dyna truck.The origanal 1974 dyna truck chassi was the same as the 55 series Land crusier so conversion was fairly straight forward.The motor was the same also.So the complete runnig gear ,chassi and rear half is all land cruiser,Only the cab is Dyna.The motor is a H diesel with a 4spd gear box.
It has done about 120,000 miles.

Cheers Hall

Holy s***. I am dumbfounded. Pimp hasn't ever heard of it. :confused:

Has hell forzen over?

Are pigs flying?

Is ther mass histeria in the steets?

I need a paper bag to breath in. ......Hyp....er...vent.....a....lat.....ing.....

Huff, huff, huff.

Pretty sweet for a first post. It takes a lot to impress this crowd, and especially Landpimp. We need more pics though. This is a one off build? Who did the build, and for what reason? Tradesman rig, caravan, or expedition camper? We must know these things. ;)

Mikesta

Never decruiserfied
SILVER Star

White Shark said:
By the way, I'd also give the remains of Mikesta's left nut for that truck and I'll raise you his other nut. :D

Right nut is already sold, complete. Right nut is one I chose to part out.

Mikesta said:
Right nut is already sold, complete. Right nut is one I chose to part out.
Is that Scrote already claimed? I had a buddy who tied a tanned deer sac onto his 4wd knob on his 40 series, and it got me to thinking...

It has to be shaved of course since I don't want hairy palms from shifting, and it needs to be about the size of an 80 series T-Case shift knob. I know it's probably already got too much mileage from excessive handling, but I promise to shift carefully, thus I can make the well worn sac last a while longer. Do they come in a set? If so, can I have them spilt shipped? One to me and the other to Cookiemonster (He has an FJ60, just for size consideration) Thanks as always, WS

G`day Mate:D
I thought you might find the old truck a bit interesting.Yep I am from Oz.I live in a small town just east of Melbourne,Victoria.
The vehicle is a one of build.The bloke who had built it had traveled in urope and had seen unimogs.Got home and wanted a forward control 4wd.The only one available was the Mitsubishi L300 wich was not tough enough so he built this.He had used it for accessing cross country ski areas in our high country.It has only been used a few times a year so is mechanicly quite good.The engine is mid mounted, with a long range fuel tank over the back axle.So the weight balance is excelent.Next to the drivers door is the intake fore the built in snorkel.Have had it off road and is very capable for a open diff 4wd.It is not bad around town as well.Ther are a few Dual cab Dyna conversions over here still around.These where more popular,as there was less body work involved.

:cheers: Hall

aussie75series

The toyota coaster bus with landcruiser running gear and motorhome conversion looks really good but I can't find any pics.Coaster SOA would look good but never seen one.

msahr

Strawb said:
Next to the drivers door is the intake fore the built in snorkel.
WOW that truck is badass. I love the rear '40 look along with parts from a '60.... and the side door behind the passenger, and the Land Cruiser logos on the doors.... SWEET!

Top Bottom