Forum Photos: Trail Rides, Events, & Misc. Other (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've got a friend who's always trying to get me to go to the St. Luice mud fest. It's on the right coast, usually down by Vero Beach / Okeechobee area.

If anyone is interested I'll let you know when the next one is - he takes his beat up 40 out there.

The trails around Cullowee, NC were shut down a year after I went there. I love the mountains and the trails in this area were incredible. This was a TLCA event hosted by Upstate Cruisers.

Thats the place I went offroading for the first time in my life in my friend '86 4runner. Got me started in this ridiculous hobby...loved it.

Hello: the next st Lucie county mud festival is October 5 through 7th. The okeechobee mud festival is august 10- 12th. Pretty crazy events. Ed

I got playing in the " mudd " out of my system for awhile . Took better of 5 hrs to clean up the 40 .

Thanks but no thanks .

It only took you 5 hours?

You didn't play hard enough :) :) :)

I haven't even gotten that far... does mud work like a facial? If I leave it on long enough, will the paint look better?!??!

I don't think a little mud on the bottom is...well...a problem is it?
TN_amber601.PNG

40 tude trip to utah

Well Archie here it is, you can't kick me out of the club for not doing a trip report. I know why I procrastinated, its a lot of work to put it up. As of now I only have the first few days done. Crossed all of southern Utah, on dirt roads and trails pavement driving was less than 100 miles. Did 8 national parks and some other crazy stuff. If you want to get away from everyone else in the world southern Utah is the place to do it. Any questions, let me know.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...-plus-some-other-stuff)?p=1166255#post1166255

got it up on mud now also
https://forum.ih8mud.com/trails-eve...s-do-utah-traverse-plus-some-other-stuff.html

its going on mud now too

can someone tell me if the pics work on the mud link now?

They sure do! Great work Austin. What you've done is on my list of things to do :)

Last edited by a moderator:
80 owners in FLCA check out " FJ80 on HellHole Trail "

Nicely modified 80 , Carter I think you should do your 80 like this one . Let me know and I'll give you a hand .

Rocky, where are you seeing this? Got a link to follow?

Yeah, I wouldn't do that to my 80 unless I flopped it... then it'd slowly start looking like Steve's 60 :)

Its too bad no one has an 80 body just sitting around in front of their house:hillbilly:

Rocky's trip to Alaska

Just let ya know we have finally made it to Alaska . This has been a trip in planing for many many many years . Even tried to get stationed here but the army said NO sent me back to Germany. But we are here now , I'll post pictures as I can .

:bounce::cheers::bounce2:

Can't wait to see! Congrats on finally making it, and I'm jealous!!

Cruise, drive, or train? Where in AK are you? So much fun and so many things to do.

Flew into Anchorage , rented a Ford truck and took off . Here's what the Alaska gods gave us today , yes we are way to close . Not sure where we are but at the time we didn't care . We just seen this huge beautful animal doing it's on thing the way nature intended it to do . I can say it's somewhere off of hwy 1 south of Anchorage . I fill very blessed to see such a beauitful animal so close to me that I'm in all tonight . I just hope tomorrow and the days after hold something just as wonderful . I have a ton of photo's but I'm going to have to download to photobucket then post them . Just had to share these with ya'll . We're going horse back riding tomorrow at Denali Park . See Ya .

Fantastic!

Enjoy it all...

Jerry D.

photo.php

Wow, nice!

Great!!
Keep the updates and pics coming!

Terri and I went to Alaska in June. Took a cruise:princess:
Probably missed out on most of the "real" Alaska.
Awesome none the less.

Cruisers spotted in Alaska

You could go say hello to Mark Whatley at Cruisers Only in Wasilla. There is so much you can do it is hard to narrow it down. The bore tide at Turnigan (sp) Arm. Go up to Flat Top and see Anchorage at night, zip out to Knik glacier or Matanuska Glacier. If the Fly By Night Club is still going it is a pretty good show.

Well today we went to Talkeetna . Booked a Glacier landing flight with K2 Aviation . Word can not explain the view of McKinley up close and personal . We flew around the moutain at 11900 feet and still had 7 or 8 thousand to go before topping off . Then we landed on some glacier can't remember which one , but here's some pictures . Tomorrow we are going to Flat top , we're wanting to see a moose . Everyone is telling us we will see them there .

A few more , it was a nice 22 degrees on the glacicer . The snow was nice and dry , went uo past my knees .

Beautiful. Told my friend to become an Alaskan State Trooper so I can have excuse to go there. Not that you need one. Thanks for sharing and keep it coming! and don't try to give the moose any beer Rocky, they are meeeeaaaaan drunks.

Funny you said moose Chris , went to Flat Top today and guess what we see across the valley one big bull and two big cows . Laura started jumping up and down screaming I saw a moose , I saw a moose it was so funny . I'm going to guess and say they where about a mile away , it was amazing watching them in their on enviroment . Also went to earth quake park and Eagle river park .

Pictures from Eagle River

Seen the bear sign when we where leaving the trail .

Going up towards Chugiak is also a nice trip. Exit glacier in Seward is alo cool, IIRC you can go uup and see the ice sheet from there too. Beautiful thing is that no matter where you go it is a great drive. Kennicot mines is another cool place to visit.

Steve this is hilarious...my parents went to AK last year and sent me a picture of that exact same 45 pickup.

Well went down to Seward today just to see what was down there and to eat some fresh seafood . On the way we seen a family of mountain goats, a coyote and Laura seen a black bear ( bear was gone by the time I got turned around ) . Not to mention the views around every turn just amazing . Also did some shopping this morning , got me a new polar bear hat .

That 61 must be up from Whitehorse.

It's sporting a Canadian Ski Patrol front license plate.

Looks like you are having an awesome time.

Driving up there is definitely on my to do list.

Some more from today

On the way back to Anchorage we seen a couple more moose . This time they where only 30 yards away maybe , freakin huge ! Also seen a few Bald Eagles but didn't get a chance to take any pictures . Heading to Portage Glacier tomorrow .

You've finally let it be known...
images

399px-Soviet_soldier_DN-SC-92-04942.jpg

120px-Ford_-_Brezhnev_1974.jpg

50709323-nikita-s-khrushchev-talking-to-british-prime-gettyimages.jpg

attachment.php

You cannot deny the similarities! LOL!

Hay that looks just like our Captain today .

We did the Portage Glacier tour today , it was amazing the pictures do not do it justice . I can say for a fact that you are limited to three beers period . My uncle and I was kicked out of Moose Tooth after only 3 PITCHES OF BEER plus we had an DD sitting right beside us . Anyone who knows me knows I can drank 3 pitches by myself but the waitress was not going for it , I even left a 20% tip but NO you are not getting anymore BEER . WTF , we where not loud or rowdy , we was just sitting there wanting more beer . So if anyone can explain please let me know . I will keep posting until I get a good answer from the owner only . I think it is a bunch of bull**** myself . I guess I can say we spent a total of 100.00 at this place within 45 minutes and we only get 3 pitches of beers . WTF . If anyone knows what the hell I can say or do please let me know . I thank it is a bunch of bull**** that a person can't have more than 3 beers .

You could try Skinny Dicks instead? Or go to Bear Tooths? You may also try Wasilla, they may be more amiable to your "type"... :)

Skinny Dicks ?

What kinda place are you sending me too Bret ?

Skinny Dicks is halfway in!... it is (or used to be) a bar that was half way into the interior. It is between Fairbanks and North Pole on HWY 2. There also used to be a microbrewery in Eagle River on the main drag right hand side if you were coming from Anchorage. If your in Alaska and you can't find beer you should be fired. Next time you can bring me along and I can help you!

The three pitcher limit is to insure that the wealthy spread their money around so everybody in Alaska knows you're there! It also insures the wait staff that they are not subject to the "Sixth they thay thex then thow us thour thits and then thass out on the thloor." Then again it might have been the polar bear cap!!!

I believe that's called the "bear limit". It has more to do with liability of you not being able to run away from a bear if you drink too much.

Funny thing is, there's not much qualification for the limit. And come to think about it, if you're dead, you can't sue.

So never-mind. LOL!

Ok , thanks for explaining it to me . I fill much better now . Well today was our last day ,we went to Sarah Palin's house ( was not home ), raindeer farm in Palmer ( very interesting ) , back to Eagle River . Talked to some guy in a 40 in Wasilla said he just got it also seen a few 60's and 80's running around .

So I'll sign off from Alaska and leave ya with 3 more pictures I think you will enjoy . Forgot to say it was rut season for the raindeer . I'm standing in the middle of Eagle River on a rock/sand bar . First picture is a Elk at the raindeer farm .

The reindeer was happy to see you.
He must of thought you were cute :princess:

I'm back and not glad , hated to leave .

Yea Steve that ole boy was have a good time , but I think he was eyeballing Laura's aunt .

ALASKA 2012 763.jpg

ALASKA 2012 771.jpg

ALASKA 2012 691.jpg

45-2 em.jpg

HJ61 em.jpg

ALASKA 09102012 004.jpg

ALASKA 09102012 243.jpg

ALASKA 09102012 096.jpg

ALASKA 09102012 072.jpg

ALASKA 09102012 104.jpg

ALASKA 09102012 101.jpg

ALASKA09112012 034.jpg

ALASKA09112012 050.jpg

ALASKA09112012 058.jpg

ALASKA09112012 067.jpg

ALASKA09112012 084.jpg

ALASKA09112012 087.jpg

ALASKA 09122012 198.jpg

ALASKA 09122012 195.jpg

ALASKA 09122012 055.jpg

ALASKA 09122012 070.jpg

ALASKA 09122012 164.jpg

ALASKA 09122012 152.jpg

ALASKA 09122012 014.jpg

ALASKA 09122012 108.jpg

ALASKA 09122012 196.jpg

ALASKA 09132012 092.jpg

ALASKA 09142012 057.jpg

ALASKA 09142012 024.jpg

ALASKA 09142012 021.jpg

ALASKA 09142012 118.jpg

ALASKA 09142012 183.jpg

ALASKA 09142012 028.jpg

Have you seen the one when they take off the left side tires as they go down the hwy ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom