Forum for the "Old Timers"

Joined
Dec 1, 2004
Messages
10
It's really nice having all you new, young members in the club but, I have to admit, seeing you guys talk about taking long weekends to go wheeling, griping about taking final exams and being "off for Christmas break" really doesn't sit well for the rest of us who are in the "real world". ;) After all, most of us will agree, those were some of the best times of our lives!

I think we old timers need a place where we can talk about the weather, our body aches and pains and a place where we can complain about our jobs, co-workers and spouses - you know - just like old times. So, to all you "original members": Come on and join in! This is your place to catch up with each other!

Now, speaking of catching up, I have some news I want to make official right here on our "Old Timers" forum ...........

Charlie and I are going to be parents!! :bounce: In June! After 37 years I'm finally going to be a mom. We are both very excited and have already checkout out all the cool cruiser-wear for kids.

Bet this isn't a subject you'd see in those other threads!!!!

Sheena
 
Joined
Jan 2, 2003
Messages
3,191
Location
Dweller on the Threshold
Congrats!

Hi girl! There must be something in the water. Travis and Amy, Jere and Mary....
now you and Charlie. Wow!
Hey....let's start a poll for names.
Let me be the first to suggest "Birfield". Works for boys or girls. ;)
Tell Charlie that Costco has a battery powered Cruiser for tots.
 
Joined
Jan 30, 2003
Messages
3,312
CADgurl1 said:
It's really nice having all you new, young members in the club but, I have to admit, seeing you guys talk about taking long weekends to go wheeling, griping about taking final exams and being "off for Christmas break" really doesn't sit well for the rest of us who are in the "real world". ;) After all, most of us will agree, those were some of the best times of our lives!
I vaguely remember how much fun, and its vaguely because of how much!

CADgurl1 said:
Charlie and I are going to be parents!! :bounce: In June! After 37 years I'm finally going to be a mom. We are both very excited and have already checkout out all the cool cruiser-wear for kids.

Bet this isn't a subject you'd see in those other threads!!!!

Sheena
Congradulations and welcome aboard the old people with kids and cruisers group, start practicing crawling around the floor for a couple of hours.
 
Joined
Dec 1, 2004
Messages
10
Battery powered cruiser

Looked on the costco website but couldn't find the battery powered cruiser. Could you send me a link? Or did you go to a CostCo somewhere?
 
Joined
Dec 1, 2004
Messages
10
Thanks!

Thanks for the link David. It IS way cool! I'm almost afraid to show it to Charlie. Even at $400+ I'm sure it's a "must have". :)
 
Joined
Dec 15, 2004
Messages
45
Location
Houston, TX & Temp. Greenville, SC
I'd have to agree. I like day trips myself since i been out of school for almost 10 years now. the sched. just doens't permit long trips. a 3-day to Tellico is pushing it. oops, I'm not an "original" member.
 
Joined
Jan 2, 2003
Messages
3,191
Location
Dweller on the Threshold
Old timers trips

keisur said:
I'd have to agree. I like day trips myself since i been out of school for almost 10 years now. the sched. just doens't permit long trips. a 3-day to Tellico is pushing it. oops, I'm not an "original" member.
Hey man, no worry. Wait till you see how we do GSMTR for a week.
Rent a Chalet as a sort of Animal House. Billiard room and hot tub.
ROFLMAO....now that's how us old timers camp now-a- days.
 
Joined
Dec 1, 2004
Messages
10
keisur said:
oops, I'm not an "original" member.
Keisur - The "old timers forum" is not necessarily for original members. It's just for anyone who can't really relate to what these college kids are talking about with exams and long weekends. ;) You're very welcome to consider yourself an old timer as long as you aren't getting 2-3 weeks "off for Christmas break!"
 
Joined
Oct 22, 2004
Messages
2,973
Location
Clemson, SC
Well I must be livin the some what happy medium. I still have the mental attitude that work comes second to everything else. I must say I'm doin a pretty good job cause I'm still with them after 4 years and somehow I seem to weazel away for long weekends and 2 weeks off for Christmas.
 
Joined
Jan 19, 2004
Messages
346
Location
Greer, SC
Babies

Congrats y'all. We are having a boy. Found out a few weeks ago. Can we start that frame up now for when he turns 15?? All these babies in the club. Sorry I've been incommunicado. Been busy at work, then having to go home and help with Amy. Can't wait to see everybody on the 2nd.


-Travis
 
Joined
Dec 1, 2004
Messages
10
Congrats to you guys too. When are you due?

We're looking forward to the Muster Grounds ride too. At's been too long since we've seen anybody from the club.
 
Top Bottom