For Sale Fort Worth: New Pioneer Front Door Speakers for FJ80 (TS-G1643R) (1 Viewer)

Selling a pair of new Pioneer front door speakers for an FJ80 (TS-G1643R). I ordered two sets of these for the front and rear passenger doors but quickly realized these 6.5" inch speakers will only fit in the front. These are basically as plug and play as aftermarket speakers get for this model and will fit behind the factory grill - just did the install last night. $40 shipped.

Pics? What makes them so easy to install?
Just installed a pair of these in my 93 last week. The front speakers on the 80s are ridiculously shallow. This is probably one of the few aftermarket options that meet the depth requirement while still fitting behind the factory grille (to retain OEM look). Aftermarket speaker grilles are always gaudy as hell.

Good question! There aren't a lot of tried and true options that utilize the factory amp and wiring. Also, there are multiple write-ups on how to install these - you simply pull the door cards, pull the speakers, solder the wire harness, and reinstall. I used the link below.

The only think I did aside from the instructions above was drilling holes into the speakers bracket so that it mounted with "Pioneer" reading perfectly horizontal. This required drilling a hole in the "east, south, and west" location on the speaker itself. There is already one for the "north" location. It's absolutely not necessary as you cannot see the speakers much behind the factory grill.

20210207_161244.jpg

20210207_161207.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom