Formal introduction (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone.

This is my 3rd LC, first being a lifted 83 that I bought from OG owner (I shouldn't have sold it but ya know) and the 2nd being a very sad 93 FZJ that I drug out of the woods in New England and dumped a ton of money into just to have the engine blow. I swore off LCs after that one, especially green.

I picked up a fairly clean, green, 94 FZJ80 from a friend at work this past May with 110k on it. I am the 3rd owner of the truck, the first being a neurosurgeon and the 2nd a neuro PA. The truck was fairly well maintained except for a few small things. The LC was his 2nd vehicle so unfortunately it sat quite a bit in his gravel driveway which caused a bunch of surface rust underneath, no rot, just a bit crusty. The windshield leaked like a sieve, temp fix of flowable windshield silicone until I can properly replace the gasket and fix whatever rust is lurking under the gasket. PO reported the truck to have regular oil changes with Mobil 1 synthetic since new and the dipstick was very clean which is a much better start than my last LC.

I've been working through most issues and will document in a separate thread later. I'll post initial pictures once I down load them from my phone (and figure out how to upload said pics).

I believe this is the customary 'Mud greeting, :flipoff2: :beer:

Thanks for all the help so far everyone!

Hello everyone.

This is my 3rd LC, first being a lifted 83 that I bought from OG owner (I shouldn't have sold it but ya know) and the 2nd being a very sad 93 FZJ that I drug out of the woods in New England and dumped a ton of money into just to have the engine blow. I swore off LCs after that one, especially green.

I picked up a fairly clean, green, 94 FZJ80 from a friend at work this past May with 110k on it. I am the 3rd owner of the truck, the first being a neurosurgeon and the 2nd a neuro PA. The truck was fairly well maintained except for a few small things. The LC was his 2nd vehicle so unfortunately it sat quite a bit in his gravel driveway which caused a bunch of surface rust underneath, no rot, just a bit crusty. The windshield leaked like a sieve, temp fix of flowable windshield silicone until I can properly replace the gasket and fix whatever rust is lurking under the gasket. PO reported the truck to have regular oil changes with Mobil 1 synthetic since new and the dipstick was very clean which is a much better start than my last LC.

I've been working through most issues and will document in a separate thread later. I'll post initial pictures once I down load them from my phone (and figure out how to upload said pics).

I believe this is the customary 'Mud greeting, :flipoff2: :beer:

Thanks for all the help so far everyone!

Welcome!!! :flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:

Welcome back to the addiction!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom