Fork lift engine? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Quite often I hear things like, "it's a fork lift engine, run it to redline and watch them temps", or something to that effect.

I am just curious if this is really true. If so does this toyota forklift have lockers?

Jk about the lockers, but I am really curious about this forklift. Did they ever sell them in the USA?

Did they ever sell them in the USA?

Yep. We had them at my former job and they were incredible. Majority of most Toyota lifts have the 4Y engine in them, and that engine has been around since at least the mid 80s. They were abused, poorly maintained, and still very reliable.

I think sometime around 2015, Toyota introduced a diesel forklift. We had 1-2, but I wasn’t around them much.

Quite often I hear things like, "it's a fork lift engine, run it to redline and watch them temps", or something to that effect.

I am just curious if this is really true. If so does this toyota forklift have lockers?

Jk about the lockers, but I am really curious about this forklift. Did they ever sell them in the USA?

Yes.

The 1FZ started out as a Toyota Industries Corporation engine for use in 5-7 ton fork lift range.

It was configured to run with LPG.

It was later modified for use in the Land Cruiser.

Yes.

The 1FZ started out as a Toyota Industries Corporation engine for use in 5-7 ton fork lift range.

Sure explains why everything is rebuild-able vs just toss it out and get a new one, like the alternator, the starter, power steering pump...
I enjoy working on the LC80, its more like working on industrial equipment than the usual passenger car, generally things are just better laid out and easier to access. (fuel filter is one glaring notable exception)

Yes.

Hmmmmm, now I want an lpg fzj..... JK

I am assuming it wouldnt be worthwhile to try and use an actually forklift engine as a donor engine for an 80 series lol

If I owned a warehouse.... wits end turbo forklift baby. Haja jk again.

Pictures or it didn't happen

Well it looks like somebody actually does run a turbo lpg 80 series.

What you need to know about LPG on Toyota Landcruiser 1FZ-FE / Nissan TB42e and Nissan TB45e Engines - AXT Turbo - http://axtturbo.com.au/need-know-lpg-toyota-landcruiser-1fz-fe-nissan-tb42e-nissan-tb45e-engines/

2929_6157691139533.jpg

I wonder if the seat would swap over.

The similarities are indeed there...

View attachment 2592675

This model forklift and engine are now discontinued though. It’s legacy stuff in material handling. Ancient technology.

^^^^
Probably a Petroglyph of one somewhere on a cave wall. We just haven't found it yet.

petroglyphs.jpg

That thing has way more lift than any 80 series ever did, probably something like 18 feet...
:p:eek:;)
Haha, this thing just "raised the bar" for the rest of us 80 series owners.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom