Fordyce 6-24-06 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

rusty_tlc

Dain Bramaged Member
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
Trail: Fordyce
Fordyce trail is arguably tougher than Rubicon. This is my most expensive (trail damage) trail. Some members may be doing half the trail going out Saturday evening through Cisco Grove.

Date: Saturday, June 24th-25th 2006

Meeting Time: 8:30 am Leave Time: 9:00 am

Meeting Location: Cisco Grove exit on I 80 approximately 40 miles West of Reno.
***Watch the Battel Born Cruisers web site for updates on meet location due to trail conditions. We may be meeting at Robb Drive at an earlier time and start the trail from another direction.

Trail Difficulty: Mostly 4
Additional Equipment needed: Extra food, gas, and water. This is an overnight trip so be prepared with your camping gear.

Duration of Run: All day Saturday, most of Sunday.

Tread Lightly / CB Channel 3

I imagine that the water levels are going to be really high next month. Last year there were drifts in the shadows on the dirt road that leads in to Meadow Lake on 4th of July weekend and we got more late snow this year than last year. Maybe you guys could go down the trail from Meadow Lake and camp for the night then come back up the same way you went in? This would let you avoid the water crossings and most of the "good stuff" is at the end of the trail anyway.

That's the contingincy plan. We will be watching Dream Flows.

Are you planning to go?

I would like to go if I am in town. My schedule is kind of hectic right now and I am not sure if I will be in Reno or Albuquerque. If I do go it will end up being a last minute deal.

Be sure to check the link in my first post then, thats the official place for info.

Sorry the web site is still broken so I can't add new members.

Curse my inability to learn yet another programing language! :mad:

Trip Cancled

We decided at the meeting that the trip would be cancled.
Mostly due to continuing high water levels and snow on the Meadow Lake side.
We will be doing Rubicon in July and may try for Fordyce again in August or September.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom