ford t-18 tranny

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by cavsfj40, Nov 11, 2003.

1. cavsfj40

cavsfj40

So the cruiser is using oil and i have weighed the cost of a rebuild against that of a newer motor and it seems that once i get the 2f out, i will rebuild it but i need a replacement engine in the meantime since i will be doint the rebuild myself. I can get a 302 ford with all the computer stuff for 150.00 from a friend and i have a t-18 tranny that is a fresh rebuild. SHould i A) put in the 302 backed by the t-18 and get the adapter for the toy t-case B) rebuild the 2f and put the t-18 behind it and use the toy t-case (2 adapters) or C) keep it all stock. I am leaning toward option a because i think i might like to have a v-8. The 302 is warmed up a bit and it has great off - idle torque. I know it will be more difficult to go bact to the 2f once the 302 is in there so that is why i am reluctant.

2. Archengine

Archengine SILVER Star

We're in the same boat. I really want a 5.0 with a zf, but have about given up trying to find a transfer case for it. Unless the t18 and zf have differing output patters, your sol unless you change your axles. No passenger side drop is available that I can find. If you know of one, let me know!! It would be a good idea to buy a used engine, rebuild it, and swap it in a weekend. Then sell yours for hopefully the same amount, and your out nothing. But v8 is nice!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.