ford t-18 tranny (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So the cruiser is using oil and i have weighed the cost of a rebuild against that of a newer motor and it seems that once i get the 2f out, i will rebuild it but i need a replacement engine in the meantime since i will be doint the rebuild myself. I can get a 302 ford with all the computer stuff for 150.00 from a friend and i have a t-18 tranny that is a fresh rebuild. SHould i A) put in the 302 backed by the t-18 and get the adapter for the toy t-case B) rebuild the 2f and put the t-18 behind it and use the toy t-case (2 adapters) or C) keep it all stock. I am leaning toward option a because i think i might like to have a v-8. The 302 is warmed up a bit and it has great off - idle torque. I know it will be more difficult to go bact to the 2f once the 302 is in there so that is why i am reluctant.

We're in the same boat. I really want a 5.0 with a zf, but have about given up trying to find a transfer case for it. Unless the t18 and zf have differing output patters, your sol unless you change your axles. No passenger side drop is available that I can find. If you know of one, let me know!! It would be a good idea to buy a used engine, rebuild it, and swap it in a weekend. Then sell yours for hopefully the same amount, and your out nothing. But v8 is nice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom