ford shock tower (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

are you looking for this style?

Picture091.jpg

I'll dig up the info if it is.

How high is the mount at the shock end? does anyone have a measurement of the length of the shock tower itself, or how high it puts the top mounting point above the frame? (avg.)

that's it, i'll take whatever info you can dig up, up to and including shock size/measurment and where you're bottom mount is. thanks

part # E5TZ*18183*A

ford f250 1980

just googled ford shock tower.I think it cost me like 35$ for a set a couple months ago.

shock_mount_002.sized.jpg

mine came off a 94 F350 I wish I had moved them up 2 in from the bottom of the frame cause I did the axle mount on the top of the tube and my 32 in long shocls top out even with the big bump stops

Here's mine tacked in. I'm going to modify the tower a bit. The shock angles out more than I would like.
DSCF6833.JPG

DSCF6829.JPG

DSCF6832.JPG

found a pair off a 92' f250, 4x4 only, $30 for the pair from a yard, $26 pair from the dealer!!!! sweeeeet. thanks for the help

Sorry guys, that is 1,000 percent the Ford shock towers included in some of our suspension kits, and Ford has DISCONTINUED them. If your lucky, you may find a dealer who still has some---hurry!!!!!

I called Simi Valley Ford and they said they can still get them about $15.00 each. Varsity ford (online parts order) has them for $10.52/ea. They both said they are still available they fit F250 4x4's from 1987-1991.

Dynosoar

I called Simi Valley Ford and they said they can still get them about $15.00 each. Varsity ford (online parts order) has them for $10.52/ea. They both said they are still available they fit F250 4x4's from 1987-1991.

Dynosoar

Thanks for the info Dynosoar, I'm back in business!!!

Jim

I know this is an old topic but it was the most complete one on just ford shock towers and I figured as so many people ask I'd just bring it back to the top with aditional information ;P

part # E5TZ*18183*A

ford f250 1980

just googled ford shock tower.I think it cost me like 35$ for a set a couple months ago.
Thanks for the numbers, they are still the same. Don't think it matters but Lee (the service tech at ford) said these were from 1990 to current?? (not saying he's right)

Just bought mine today here's a couple pictures to confirm whats already been said :)
fordshocktower01.jpg

fordshocktower02.jpg

Hey Dark Realms, can you tell me the measuremnent from the bottom of the mount to where the shock pin mounts. Thanks.

Hey Dark Realms, can you tell me the measuremnent from the bottom of the mount to where the shock pin mounts. Thanks.

Sure thing, along the flat edge (outside edges of the U shape) it is 13.75". Let me know if you need a different measurement.

. . . ok I wasn't even satisfied with that answer! Standing it up at the angle it will be bolted to the frame and measuring from the table (it is standing on) is 13.5" to the center of the holes.

ford shock towers

wrong ones! Sorry.

Sorry guys, that is 1,000 percent the Ford shock towers included in some of our suspension kits, and Ford has DISCONTINUED them. If your lucky, you may find a dealer who still has some---hurry!!!!!

Last edited:
Sure thing, along the flat edge (outside edges of the U shape) it is 13.75". Let me know if you need a different measurement.

. . . ok I wasn't even satisfied with that answer! Standing it up at the angle it will be bolted to the frame and measuring from the table (it is standing on) is 13.5" to the center of the holes.

Thanks for that. They are huge! I measured the standard shock mounts to be about 6". I ordered some to see if they will fit with a 2" bodylift without cutting the guards out.

Thanks for that. They are huge! I measured the standard shock mounts to be about 6". I ordered some to see if they will fit with a 2" bodylift without cutting the guards out.

I ligned it up next to the current shock mount and it almost fit. I plan on doing some hammer work instead of doing the cutting. Maybe I'll do a little circle cut but I don't think I'll need to :)

If you look at the below picture by brokenparts it almost doesn't need to be cut. Although I will probably have fun getting the bolts in . . . thats my plan.
are you looking for this style?

Picture091.jpg

I'll dig up the info if it is.

i know this post is pld but if anyone wants to know. this part number is from an f250. and it was used between 1981 and 1993. im ringing around trying to get a set but im having trouble as im in Australia plus they are telling me at my ford dealer they no longer make this part.

E5TZ-18183-A

You can buy them in the US from here; Genuine OEM Ford Parts and they will freight them to Aus. It is cheaper to do this than buy them from a Ford dealer in Aus. While you're at it you could buy a few sets and sell the others to help fund yours (that's what I did).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom