Forced to sell my 40 and need help on pricing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
All,
Its a sad day. Im leaving for basic in 6 weeks and will not be able to keep my 40 that I have been slowly working on for the last year. She's a project nearing the point of drivability and i need to get a clue as to how much she is worth. Any help would be much appreciated. Here's what I got: 77 fj40 65k orig miles pulled off a farm in KY. Mechanically a very very solid vehicle. Original for the most part but tub had a few rust issues that were patched with 16 guage. I planned on an alum tub but my welder neighbor did the metal work to get my by for the next 4 years till im out of school. The tub is solid now and drivable but in need of bondo and to attach the roll bar. The front seats have the usual wear and tears and the jump seats are immaculate. Floor boards were solid throughout and are without any patches except for the 3/16 inch box steel rear sill that was fabbed. The hardtop and tire carrier have some light surface rust in a few places and the frame has some moderate surface rust and is in need of sandblasting and por 15. 4x4, electronics, etc all work and i have a new bikini top, and a set of pre 75 doors to make into half doors (or so was the plan). I can get pics if anyone needs a better visual to make a clear estimate. Thanks in advance and sorry for making you all read a novel. :)

-Chase

Hi Chase, pictures please!!! Where are you located?

I will try to attach pics tonight from home but my home pc is s*** and i forgot to bring the digi cam to work. :slap: Oh....Im in Cincinnati.

I am interested in it...

Please send pix and a general idea on price. Does it run ok?
I am in East TN so we are close.
Brett

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom