? for you early 70's 40 owners (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
First off, do most swap out the bench for buckets? What I was wondering is what the folks who have kept the bench seat have done for cup holders and other additions? The bench seats are very nice in the 40 I have and didn't want to swap out right now.

It does have the overhead storage from SOR for the cb, radio and speakers, but when I take the hardtop off, that will probably have to go too until I get a soft top for it.

Does anyone have good tips for creating room for drinks and other stuff since you can't add a middle console with the bench seat?

(although, the way it rides I'm not sure a drink will stay put. :D )

Just wondering- thanks

18395595.jpg

if you can believe it, I actully still have the factory bench seats in my rock ride (hopfully not for too much longer) but I just press my drinks between the doorway lip and the tool box, they stay put.

All of the genius minds on this forum and that's the best mod invention- Duct tape roll?? :)

Ok- looks like I have a project now and need to figure out a way to make it work.

I was thinking since I still have the plastic takeout drink coozies from my old Xterra that I could make a bracket to hold them and then use one of the bolts from the dash pad to hook it to. We'll see after I take a better look.

That's what I'm talking about! Nice find IDave!

I like this one:
console_bench.jpg

That way, I can keep the nice looking bench seat and have a little bit of storage besides the glove box.

Looks like it would be nice and easy for someone to remove from your truck...

I like the duct tape.....looks like it belongs there. :)

I installed power steering in my truck so that I could hold a beverage with one hand and steer with the other hand... ;)

Has worked great since '91.

:beer:

Poser said:
Looks like it would be nice and easy for someone to remove from your truck...

i take mine out frequently to do work on the truck! :D

What's wrong with bungy a small ice chest with the holders on top. Got your holder, arm rest and frosty refills.

a buddy of mine used a set of water bottle holders for bycicles. one on each side of the heater housing. it has worked great for years now.

i used to run the marine holders...worked great.

I use a cup holder that is fixed to the roll cage on the left with velcro (from a local 4x4 store). I changed to a better driver seat but kept the rest of the bench. CD player is mounted under the bench (PO idea, but no skipping !).

Passenger Duties

It's my passenger's duty to hold my beverage. If no passenger then I use the crotchal area of my body. Spillage in that area can cause slight embarrassment but I'm used to it.

I really think the best solution is the gimbal mounted holder mounted to the dash.

Wonder if they make those in quart bottle size??

Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom