For what is this sensor on intake manifolt? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,

i just replaced my 1HZ engine with 1HDT engine. For what is this sensor on the intake manifolt next to oil dipstick. Is it a sensor? Where to connect to?

one more question, can i use the two pol sensor left next to the oil filter as a coolant sensor for the dash board?
i used to have on the 1HZ engine the sensor on the water outlet near radiator. It doesnt exist on the 1HDT outlet and i didnt wanna order to Cambodia or modify the 1HZ outlet to connect the lower coolant line.

Any suggestion are appreciated.

Thanks Reini

1576220725478.JPEG

The sensor on the intake manifold is a temperature sensor for the glow plug system. When the manifold is warm, glow time when starting is reduced.

If you're in Asia, your HDT won't need glow plugs

The sensor on the intake manifold is a temperature sensor for the glow plug system. When the manifold is warm, glow time when starting is reduced.

If you're in Asia, your HDT won't need glow plugs
Thanks a lot for that answer. Ok so first i just ignore that sensor. Right?
Second, on ly old 1HZ engine i always used the glow plugs. I had always starting issues if i didnt use them.
It would crank over longer instead of just firing up. Will see on that 1HDT engine.
Thanks again.
More question will come.

Second, on ly old 1HZ engine i always used the glow plugs. I had always starting issues if i didnt use them.
It would crank over longer instead of just firing up. Will see on that 1HDT engine.
Thanks again.
More question will come.
Even with 35bar compression, new piston, sleeves, rings and valves... Still it would take a couple of turns more.

Thanks again.
More question will come.

Hi Reini,
I've just come across the same issue, did you ignore the sensor? or did you find a way to wire it in?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom