For those with Borla Exhaust (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I purchased the Borla exhaust system and upon arrival I think I am a pipe short. It came with the muffler and resonator pieces, but no intermediate pipe or crossover pipe going to the driver side catalytic. That is supposed to be there right? Can someone who has installed this kit confirm this?

Much appreciated

I put one in a couple months ago. The muffler assembly with the two connector pipes and the resonator pipe with the tip is all you need. Before you install you might wanna go ahead and order some replacement gaskets while you have the old system off. I used two Fel-Pro 23591 gaskets. I have the Borla and K&N FIPK and my mpg went from 15 to 18.

How is the Borla between 65 and 75mph? Does it drone or is it relatively quiet?

if you are planning to put a Slee belly plate on, dont install the borla. And no cross over pipe...have you taken a look under your truck yet?

It's relatively quiet since it has a resonator, but the tone is deeper and it's much louder when you floor it. I drove over 2000 miles a few weeks ago and there wasn't a drone on freeway speeds like a flowmaster.

my whole system is in need of replacement. Is the intermediate pipe supposed to be included? I need to know because I either need to make one or get the company i purchased this from supply me with something i already paid for.

autopartswarehouse.com has intermediate pipes starting at $86, but that doesn't include gaskets or hardware.

It's relatively quiet since it has a resonator, but the tone is deeper and it's much louder when you floor it. I drove over 2000 miles a few weeks ago and there wasn't a drone on freeway speeds like a flowmaster.

I have a Flowmaster on my 100 and can confirm the drone, but it isn't just at any particular speed. More like at RPM's between 1600-1800.

I work at a tire and exhaust place where I can get pre made stuff for cheap. Only issue is I have ceramic coated headers (DT) stainless high flow catalytics (Magnaflow) and now stainless muffler and back. The intermediate pipe will be the only one that is aluminized steel, so I think I am going to make one out of bendable stainless to match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom