For those who run a bikini top (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
If my befuddled brain actually generates a fairly good idea, I get all giddy and stupid and have to share the madness..... :idea:

If you run with a bikini top all of the time like I do, it is because you want to be able to remove and install it quickly on a daily or weekly basis. But, the straps on the back of the top loop through the rings and through the adjusters, making this a pain in the butt. You have to pull the straps all the way through the adjusters and completely off, then repeat the process in reverse. You know how much fun that is in the rain when you are in a hurry. :flipoff2:

A solution is to pick up some carabineers, loop the straps through them insead of the rings and presto: you have a quick disconnect / reconnect for the straps. It cuts your bikini's on/off time by about 75% and will cost you only a couple of bucks. :cheers:

Wally World sells 'em for about $3 for a pack of 2.

P9292441.jpg

My Bikini top clipped in the back with plastic buckles like you find on back packs, only bigger, about 2"x2".

To take the top of you just unsnap them, so far they have held up.

My straps got so sun rotted I had to make an emergency repair with nylon rope. Been running this way for a couple years now. I use a truckers knot and it tightens up nice and removes easily. I know, a little tacky, but it works fine for me. The new soft top is going on soon.

Roger Theurer uses bungee cords to hold his bikini AND windshield in place. When he wants to lower the windshield, he just unclips the bungees, folds the bikini under the windshield, and lays it down. Nice way to save a windshield and frame!

I made my bikini top with the plastic buckles of the type G_Stratton describes. The lower parts unhook with carabiners from tabs on the roll cage.

The rings that attach to the body are called footman loops and can be found at hardware or boating supply stores. Stainless are nice but are a little extra.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom