For those who removed their AHC, what were the "gotchas" during install? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah they did the alignment on it already. I mean, sucks but oh well. Y'all think raising the front an inch would screw it up that bad? I'm a suspension noob, so I honestly have no idea if it would be minor or catastrophic.

IMO an inch is significant enough to warrant another alignment. Keep in mind, once the TBs are adjusted they will need to settle. So drive a bit (say a couple days) before getting alignment. Recheck height and see where you are at, adjust again if necessary. Also, keep in mind, you want to adjust TBs to final position (height) while tightening 30mm bolt vice loosening. So if you over adjust, loosen 30mm bolt more than necessary, then tighten to final position. Lastly, the best way to keep track of adjustments is to mark the bolt before you start so you have a reference point. One full rotation of the bolt should be around 1/4" increase/decrease in height. This also depends on the TBs, mine are aftermarket, so this may be different for stock bars.

Last edited:
Yeah, I marked my 30mm bolts head and bracket with white out so I know when it's turned one whole rotation. I know it's not apples to apples (my AHC to your OEM LC suspension) but my100 holds alignment good. I've had 3 done so far in the last 2.5 years. The first time some adjustments were done (right after I bought it) but the last 2 were in spec, no changes needed. That was including adjusting the TB's for my AHC pressures right before the 2nd one was done. My other 2 cars (a lowered Camry and a stock ES350) always need adjustments.

So I took the LX back to the shop that did the AHC-to-LC swap earlier this month and I said that no matter how I parked it, the front seemed too low and I asked them to crank the torsion bars and re-check the alignment. They took care of it, free of charge and it seems quite right now. Looks really good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom