For those who have Magnaflow, flowmaster, ect... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lx450landcruiser

Threads
Ok first off if you could state your exhaust set up (i.e. if you have cats or not ect..) Basicaly what i wanna know is do you guys run a resignator? Also do you have a droan at say 2000-3000RPMs? do you think yours is to loud? ect..

I have a magnaflow Its bout a year old, I find it very loud between 2000-3000rpms, thought about adding a coffee can but wonder if it will do anything for me as far as noise level.

mike

I'm running the MagnaFlow/AutoSound obd-II single cat, some version of their muffler and it's all 3" and in my opinion it's way too loud. While I'd love to source a resonator/can at the end I'd want it to be removable. Let me know if you get any improvements with one.

LandCruiserPhil said:
2 1/2" off the manifold into 3" , single 3"cat to a Flowmaster (3 chamber), ending with a 24"resonator. I do get some rumble under throttle in the cab but I would not say its loud.

hmmm i dunno what my deal is then, mine sounds liek a ricer at full blast when im at 2000-3000 oh well any one have a stock coffee can?

thanks
mike

Wide open cats, 2-1/2 pipe from cats back, 40 series Flowmaster. It's a little loud but doesn't bother me.
And yes, it passes emissions.

I've got a 3 chamber flowmaster with one cat, stock tubing all the way with the little resinator thing in the back still, and it's a bit too loud. I get the drone at highway speeds. I've grown used to it though...

I went with a flowmaster for a day and hated it.

I changed it out to a larger muffler and it was still too loud.

I put my old rusty stock muffler back on until it finally fell off

I bought a huge replacement that is as quiet as stock.

You want rumble, get an engine that runs roughly enough to appreciate it. The I-6 is too smooth for a loud exhaust. It sounds like crap.

alvarorb said:
I went with a two mufflers, one is used in place of the original muffler and the second as a resonator. It's pretty quiet.

Pics on this thread:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=62819

Regards

Alvaro

The name of that muffler shop again ;)
I'm going to play copy-cat and get the same set up.

Doug,

Felipe
Marco Muffler
(916) 481-2240

2809 Fulton Ave
Sacramento CA
USA

Regards

Alvaro

I tried a bunch of different combos to get rid of the drone. Went back to stock.
Sean

I went with stock pipe, single hi flow cat, magnaflow muffler and stock resonator so it would breath a little with the SC. It's too harmonic on the highway and sounds like a jet on boost. Please post what you end up doing as I will be doing a whole exhaust probably this spring. I want a little rumble outside but inside needs to stay quiet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom