For Those Of You With The SLEE Rear Bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
youtube.com
Can you please give me some of these dimensions (rough is fine) on the latch assembly?

carrierlatch.gif

I would...but my latch don't look like that.

What do you want? "A" or "B"?

thanks, but is this the clamp that is on the slee rear bumpers?

sure looks it, i notice a 341 in the pics on his site and i think i found it on that website

thanks

Last edited:
Boston Mangler said:
thanks, but is this the clamp that is on the slee rear bumpers?

sure looks it, i notice a 341 in the pics on his site and i think i found it on that website

thanks

not necessarily...but neither is the one in your pic.

Boston Mangler said:
Can you please give me some of these dimensions (rough is fine) on the latch assembly?

carrierlatch.gif

A = 3 1/4
B = 8 1/4
C ?

G & H = 1 5/8
J = 7/8

There are only 2 holes in my lower plate so there isn't a K just a J.

All are in inches, and my slee rear bumper is one of the newer ones.

Why the need for the measurements??

clarkrw3 said:
A = 3 1/4
B = 8 1/4
C ?

G & H = 1 5/8
J = 7/8

Thanks a bunch Rob!

clarkrw3 said:
Why the need for the measurements??

I am toying with the idea of building a bumper and was curious exactly what latch he used.

Everyone seems to love the "Rattle Free Slee" and comments on how stout it is.

Thanks

Does anyone have the weight of the slee bumpers? I'm actually intersted in both front and rear bumpers, but am cringing at the potential load.

Tom

No problem Kevin

email or pm Christo

Boston Mangler said:
kinda looks like it, can you get the pic bigger?

Just go to www.mcmaster.com and type in the p/n (51335A65) and click on "technical drawing"

:cheers:
Dave

guys,
just about any toggle clamp will keep it rattle free. The key to a good tire carrier is trianglation and a tight hinge. The hinge that SOR sells is arguably the stoutest out there. Once you eliminate bearing flex, the bumper itself is the next flex point, followed then by the frame.

On my bumpers, I use the 1200# latch from Carr-lane. If you if you use tube, make sure you have an x and a y axis tie down.

sleeoffroad said:
If you do not use the 2000lb latch, then the U bolt part will break eventually. Seen that happen on a number of carriers.

true.

especially if "mis-alligned"..

The latches illustrated have a safety catch. Mine does not. It has two bolts holding the "hook", not four. As Chriso mentioned the U-bolt or "bail" needs to be very strong. There is a helluva lot of load on that thing.

Not as much that, as the metal is to thin and it just snaps when you put tension on it. The first picture shows, is simmilar to the ones we use, but that one has a optional safety clip to stop it from opening. Problem is, due to the desing, when you close it and you have your hand around the handle, the clip moves back and pinches your fingers. That is why we use the one without the clip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom