For the V8 swap guys...which clutch? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Preparing for a LT1 swap into my fj60. :cool: Looks like Mark's Adapters has two options: Original Toyota clutch or change to a GM clutch. Gonna use the stock 4sp for now.

Preparing for a LT1 swap into my fj60. :cool: Looks like Mark's Adapters has two options: Original Toyota clutch or change to a GM clutch. Gonna use the stock 4sp for now.

there was some discussion in this thread:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/60-series-wagons/392570-nv4500-behind-gm-5-7-vortec.html

initially I ran a centerforce clutch from AA. I recently bought their LUK 11" "low profile" clutch.

lehiguy has some good info in the thread above.

My setup is a GM clutch wit an H55f tranny. My Marks kit has an input shaft on it that works with the GM friction disks.

Howdy! You might want to contact Centerforce directly, in Prescott, Az. When I did my conversion with an older 350, they gave me every part number I would need for my setup, but they do not sell retail direct. I went to my local speed shop and ordered the parts Centerforce listed, and it all fit perfectly. I have had ZERO problems in the 15 years since then. John

I got all the stuff to fix mine but so far my friend has been too busy at his real job to make much headway on the LC. I went with centerforce clutch and matching pressure plate. I'm really interested in knowing what's causing the clutch to slip.

in my mind a GM engine needs the GM clutch. Call or email AA to make sure you get the right combination.

I have the 5.7 vortec and run marks' adapter with yota 5 speed, i also run stock GM matching flywheel with 11 inch centerforce clutch and matching pressure plate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom