For the TURBO fella's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok spring is here and last month I finally got around to installing my X-mas present on the 80. Ordered the Twin Turbo Supra Fuel Pump from C-Dan and installed it on the rig in order to eliminate any chance of running lean due to the demands of the Safari Turbo. All parts I got from Dan worked exactly as expected and this is a really easy fix for anyone interested. Remove the back seats and pull back the carpet to access the fuel pump. There are roughly 8 little screws holding the access panel in place to remove and you have to disconnect the fuel line and electrical connections. Hardest part here is done drop any of the little screws. I did drop one and spent about 45 minutes using a magnet-tip tool to try and retrieve it with no success. :mad: Everything in this area is metal and even with the tool it was like trying to retrieve a needle from a hay stack so to heck with it. This is one of those times I was glad that I save every nut, bolt, screw, etc..... from every project in jars because I was able to find one with exactly the same thread and head and continue on. :D After this you simply pull the fuel pump assembly from the tank and remove the pump and replace with new. The supra pump fits exactly in the same position as the original pump, the only parts that needed to be replaced where the clip on the base of the pump and the filter pouch which attaches to the base. Project went so quickly that I did not even get all the pics I wanted but you get the idea. The aperture on the supra pump is almost double the size of the stock LC pump so definitely a small amount of peace of mind was obtained. :D
fuel pump 1.JPG
fuel pump 2.JPG

A few more...
fuel pump 3.JPG
fuel pump 4.JPG
fuel pump 5.JPG

ain't your mamas cruizer said:
Looks like a pansy-ass mod to me :grinpimp: :flipoff2:

Ouch! I sense some jealousy here huh? :D Well, I'm jealous too and I'm wantin pansy-ass status, so reffug, aside from the extra easy installation, what are the thoughts on the thing's performance now? I would think it would help with WOT in particular especially on your vintage??? Cant remember if you have your air/fuel meter going? I bet your blitz control center is telling you that plus what you ate for lunch yesterday! :D If so, were you ever running even slightly less than "RICH" at WOT ? So far I have never had a situation when I was less than full RICH at WOT, maybe one or two blinks on bar right below full RICH, but still within "RICH" range, when I was working the rig but not at WOT. IOW, I'm wondering if the supra pump, is increasing performance throughout the rev range, just at WOT, or not really increasing performance at all and just decreasing the duty cycles and such that the stock pump goes through to feed the turbo???

I know, I know, always more questions, but cmon mon, tell me what you think! Super cool mod, by the way, I dont care what that AYMC says! ;) Well, anyway, now 'your' cruiser is faster and cooler than AYMC's cruiser!!! ;) ;) ;) Not bad for a pansy-ass! :cheers:

turbocruiser said:
Well, anyway, now 'your' cruiser is faster and cooler than AYMC's cruiser!!! ;) ;) ;) Not bad for a pansy-ass! :cheers:

Hmm,

To be a fly on the wall whilst that argument gets settled.......... :rolleyes:

My bet is it depends on who has the keys............ :grinpimp:

cruiserdan said:
Hmm,

To be a fly on the wall whilst that argument gets settled.......... :rolleyes:

My bet is it depends on who has the keys............ :grinpimp:

Well, agghhemm, my bet is its the same one who wins ALL THE TIME, and they aint no pansy-ass any which way!!! ;)

Now cmon reffug, give us the goods on the goods, whats with the performance before and after, I trust you were at least allowed to test drive the thing after all the work, right? :D ;) :D

reffug said:
I did drop one and spent about 45 minutes using a magnet-tip tool to try and retrieve it with no success :crybaby:
That must be suck :D
So you didn’t find the one that you dropped? In that case if that happen to me I can’t sleep, cant fawk right and I won’t do anything good until I got it back. I’ll keep thinking about it and no matter what I gotta find that piece of s&% that show truly how much I committed to cruiser lol :flipoff2:

LX_TREME said:
That must suck :D
So you didn’t find the one that you dropped? In that case, if that happened to me I wouldn't be able to sleep, fawk right, or do anything good until I got it back. I’d keep thinking about it and no matter what I'd have to find that piece of s&%. That shows how much I'm truly committed to my cruiser lol :flipoff2:

I edited the above post so that it was in English.... :D :flipoff2:

Arya Ebrahimi said:
I edited the above post so that it was in English.... :D :flipoff2:

Ary ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!! :grinpimp:

Beer any night. I'll PM you my cell/work #. :cool:

Turbo I know that after you tell me I'll feel like a tard but I've racked my brain and can't for the life of me figure out WTF a WOT is so help me out bro???? :confused:

Ok performance is definately better but this doesn't really have anything to due with the pump but with the change in boost settings. Before I had a true fear of running the rig lean :crybaby: due to the turbo and the additional 2 injectors which are installed in conjunction with it. Now instead of 3/4 lbs. of boost I am running 7/8 lbs. of boost as recommended by safari. :D The pump just supplied as previously mentioned the peace of mind to up the boost and sometimes really lay into the skinny pedal. :grinpimp:

LOL.... :D actually ..okay I confess now reason I did that in the past, I tried to get some more point of my posts, not bad heh for someone recently joined back in Nov ' 04 with almost 600 posts...compare to... :rolleyes: Hahahaehehe ROTFLMAO :D gotcha you guys, shutz I shouldn't confess until I reach 1 or 2K posts, let it be like that....Hahahahahaee....it was all fun :flipoff2:

Arya Ebrahimi said:
WOT = Wide Open Throttle

Thanks Ary just wasn't coming to mind. ;p Turbo I rarely if ever have the need to go wide open with the rig. Its got more than enough kick using 3/4 throttle. :D But in answer to your question I don't usually monitor the A/F mixture with the Blitz I'm usually watching the boost portion of the guage although that is an option I have available to me among many others. :cool:
I'll switch it up here this weekend and monitor the A/F so see what I've got rich lean wise and try to report back.

Arya Ebrahimi said:
LX, wtf did you just say? :confused: :flipoff2:

Uhm like yaa. :confused:

Was that a bad FSIMIG impersonation or what???

Reffug - are those your hands in the pics or that of your wife's? They look very feminine to me.

Nice install I guess if you like a turbo. :flipoff2:

Junk said:
Reffug - are those your hands in the pics or that of your wife's? They look very feminine to me.

Nice install I guess if you like a turbo. :flipoff2:

Those are the hands of my little brother......... :D

He's only 6'2" about 225 and eats junk for breakfast......... :D

He told me to tell u if your truck wasn't such a #@$$% he would work on it. :grinpimp:

But after explaining your female swap situation he suggested Noah .............

I do not believe so. The pump I ordered was a OEM Supra pump from C-dan. It was Toyota not aftermarket. I am sure Dan will chime in today or Monday with a part #.

22May2005 (UTC +8)

I wonder if you need this mod as well for the TRD supercharged FZJ-80's?

drexx said:
22May2005 (UTC +8)

I wonder if you need this mod as well for the TRD supercharged FZJ-80's?

drexx,

I wouldn't say it is a necessary mod but for me and I would think s/c as well it definately is a peace of mind mod. :D

If you know what I mean. :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom