? for the experts (Dan) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
tired-iron.mounet.com
My brakes won't exactly stand the TLC on it's nose so I was wondering if a master cylinder from a 1 ton Toyota truck would help.
QI6679640-2.jpg

You would need to look at the bore of the two to see if it will help. I do not remember what the 91-92 MC bore is. the one you show will only help if you have a bigger bore to create more pressure. good luck robbie

Um, well,

Who IS Robbie?

He is a mechanic that was trained on heavy-duty diesel repair and he gravitated toward Land Cruisers. He probably has more wrench time on 80 series Cruisers than the next 10 expreienced Cruiser mechanics combined....:D

I guess that I should also admit that he is a good friend of mine as well...:rolleyes:

EDIT:

OK, so I missed the jist of the question then...:eek:

In that light I should also state that his punctuation is not always the best...:D

No break required...:D

Robbie sort of hides in plain sight. And I was drafiing my first reply whilst everybody else beat me to the punch. You see I am a bit slow.....

TiredIronGRB said:
So what do you think Dan, is the bore larger on the 1 ton MC? Would it help much?

Dunno,

I would have to do a bit of snooping. What is the exact application of the cylinder you are considering?

Here's the application and crossover info...

TOYOTA TRUCK PICKUP 2WD 1 TON (W/SINGLE REAR WHEELS) 85-88
Delux, Standard and Turbo

TOYOTA CAB & CHASSIS TRUCK, CAMPER (W/DUAL REAR WHEELS) 86
Excluding diesel

TOYOTA CAB & CHASSIS TRUCK, CAMPER (W/DUAL REAR WHEELS) 87-88
Excluding Diesel

Competitive Cross Reference:

Raybestos: MC39518
Wagner: F112414
Bendix: 12154
Beck/Arnley: 0728659
Midas: N/A
AutoSpec: M56717

I appreciate any help you can give me on this,

Robbie...err I mean George

I'll see what I can find.....:D

hehehe... "Who the hell does this Powderpig cat think he is... Robbie???"
"Umm... actually Yes."

I guess Robbie's going to have to attach Dan's description (of Robbie) to his sig. line.

Rookie2 said:
hehehe... "Who the hell does this Powderpig cat think he is... Robbie???"
"Umm... actually Yes."

So,

Jesus and a couple other guys are out golfing and every time he adresses the ball Jesus mutters to himself "Arnold Plamer would use an 8 iron for this shot" or "Arnold Palmer would choke up on the club" and so on. On the 11th hole Jesus shanks one something fierce and plops the ball in the lake. He proceeds to walk out accross the lake (on the water, of course) to retrieve his ball...

One of the guys says "Who does he think he is, Jesus Christ?" The other says "Nope, he thinks he's Arnold Palmer"........:flipoff2:

Yea I misspell words alot also. bummer I did not know you need to have it stop drums on all 4 corners. next time it may be good to say that in the question. I would agree with Gary that you may need something designed more for a drum brake system. Does it have two wheel cylinders per axle or just one? Dan has my back, you better watch out (you know he has lots of weapons and know how to use them). later robbie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom