For the Bling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey ya'll -

I ordered all clear lenses from Mot and CDan. Both were great to work wirth and everything was delivered in perfect condition and ready to install. Mot's better, though, he threw in a small Toyota gift!

The problem is - nobody seems to make clear lenses for the rear quarter panels :frown: Has anyone find a source for those? My Google Search Engine is ready for a tune-up!

Last edited:
I think Tyler has clears all round. You could pm him and ask him where he got them.

check with LX_TREME too. be prepared to pay big bucks for bling...

this clear lens thing is baffling to me.
Why does one think a) it matters b) it looks better....? :)

I hear you get more power and better gas mileage with clear lenses, also chicks dig it

e9999 said:

As a non-ricer clear lensing pioneer in this field I can at least offer up my reasoning on the matter...

- Non-clear lenses appear antediluvian
- The orange lends itself to an inherent sense of fading
- The clear are fresh and exciting!
- Clears are almost futuristic
- Clears are definately dead sexy
- Clears marry themselves to an 80, in a defiant gesture of youthful exuberance, and unmitigated effrontery.

Oh, and it's a Zen thang!

:flipoff2:

TY

T Y L E R said:
As a non-ricer clear lensing pioneer in this field I can at least offer up my reasoning on the matter...

- Non-clear lenses appear antediluvian
- The orange lends itself to an inherent sense of fading
- The clear are fresh and exciting!
- Clears are almost futuristic
- Clears are definately dead sexy
- Clears marry themselves to an 80, in a defiant gesture of youthful exuberance, and unmitigated effrontery.

Oh, and it's a Zen thang!

:flipoff2:

TY

Hmmm, Reasons 1 and 3-8 are highly subjective and potend bouts of irrational exuberance :flipoff2:

e9999 said:

It also improves the quality of ride, can handle tougher trails, improves approach and departure angles, and will still be clean and shiny and in one piece after an accident when the ARB bumper is twisted and crumpled and lying on the side of the road.

Oh yea, and one more way to make the truck look different from all the rest (unless we all go clear, in which case I will put my OEM lights back on)

so what you guys are saying is that it's basically penis envy? :D

e9999 said:

That you crave what we have in our clears? Why yes! :D

TY

I personally just can not stand amber lenses....getting rid of it makes cars look so much better and....it's the first thing I usually do when I get a new car.

e9999 said:

:confused:
you envy penises?

lovemylc said:
nobody seems to make clear lenses for the rear quarter panels :frown: Has anyone find a source for those? My Google Search Engine is ready for a tune-up!
And you search in Google?:flipoff2: :flipoff2: please give it couple months will ya :flipoff2: :D
Rear_Side Marker.jpg

Those fit the rear quarters EMERT_XL?

TY

LX_TREME said:
And you search in Google?:flipoff2: :flipoff2: please give it couple months will ya :flipoff2: :D

LX,

What are the retail and wholesale (vendor) prices going to be? :D ;)

You having them made???

Have you checked with DOT to see if it's (even) legal to have clear lense/reflector on that part, rather than red? Just wondering.

Mot :)

not legal in the US period. That is the point of having the added light there. The law requires there to be so much red reflective area on the rear and rear/side. If you look at the tail lights on the 80 there is no red reflector so Yota added that light/reflector combo.

I find the clear to look much better HOWEVER----A clear reflector just does not look right and the red blubs never look right during the day. I like my lights I got from MOT that are still red but delet the amber singal lights.

I would not put the lights that LX has posted since they are the clear reflector type.

I'll take a set if the price is right .... if they are a problem I can always revert back.

:beer: :beer:

TY

e9999 said:

If you don't get it, your too old. BTW, I am too old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom