Official ONSC member buying/selling thread (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So I'm considering trading in my wife's Honda for a new 4runner.... just window shopping really. Found a "TRD Pro" model at Van York and they want $46,514 for it.

So being a savy shopper I ask what's the best price on it? "TRD Pros are in high demand, a lot of dealers add an addendum to it, but we don't". Basically told me that the price is the price, like it or leave it.

Not only that, it's a 2018, which in a month or so will be the old model. And the 2019 TRD Pro supposedly has a bunch of new features. And yet, you can go to Rice Toyota, get a 4Runner Off-road Premium and save about $4000 off retail...

So, question: Is the TRD Pro really that much in demand, is it that much better than the Off-road premium? Are the sales folks at Van York just assholes like their parts department people are?

I looked at that TRD Pro this morning when I dropped off my wife’s car there for service, it’s sweet. We bought Ashley’s car there and it went ok. Nothing great but the process was tolerable.

I bought one - thx! - - 3rd Baofeng and 2nd F8. Was about to buy a spare battery . . Gawd I am addicted to Prime Day this year :(

I haven’t bought anything this year...not a thing. I would buy the HAM but don’t have my license.

Is there anything I am missing for Prime?

OK, maybe I didn't buy one of those things.

You don't need a license to listen nor talk in an emergency. Get the radio and then study for your license.

Thanks for the tip. just ordered the baofeng

Updated with new info and pics from my friend--I can take a look for anyone or arrange a time to look at it--I also have the VIN if you want it. I have not personally seen this vehicle.

99 SR5 limited Toyota 4-Runner. I have owned this since 2005. When I purchased it had 110,000 miles all by one owner (I was told Highway miles). I drove this back and forth from College so I also put a lot of highway miles on it. I have never driven this off road. It has never been in a wreck but does have a few dings (see attached). The driver side door was broken into by someone who jimmied the lock. I have not fixed this since this happened. The tires are basically new. It does need new brakes (probably Rotors too). I had a new timing belt put on around 2010ish. The sun roof stopped working around 2014 and it was causing some water to get in to the car so I sealed with silicon to prevent water damage. I installed new speakers throughout the car and a new CD player with the ability to connect Aux or USB. The emblems were painted with black spray paint and the wheels were painted with Plasti-Dip. $2000 OBO

IMG-5094.jpg

IMG-5092.jpg

IMG-5098.JPG

IMG-5096.jpg

IMG-5095.jpg

Last edited:
I have a buddy that is looking to sell his old 4runner if anyone is interested. He said that it has 280k miles and brand new tires but probably needs new brakes, the drivers side door lock is broken and has a couple of scratches and small dents. He is going to send me over more pics and a more detailed description so I'll update when I get that info. He is looking to get $2000 but is open to offers.

View attachment 1747048

I’d like to get some more info when you get it please

Wanted - F135 intake manifold 'collars'. There are three, indicated below as #9 and #10 in the image. They are metal rings that are split. I could attempt to fabricate some but I am clueless as to the dimensions.

They have been long NLA and even SOR doesn't have any.

Please help!

044A.gif

I have decided I’m gonna keep it. I have sunk way too much money into it, only to sell it for a ton less than what I have in it just because I got the itch for another mini truck LOL

I’d like to get some more info when you get it please

:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom